• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Football Managers under Pressure

kev1

TEF Mortgage Broker - Mr. U-Turn
Have a look what the chief exec has had to say about him and the demands by the manager that monk’s agent was involved in all transfer deals , might explain why he doesn’t last long at clubs .
These are things that the fans don’t get to see. If this is the case would it be better for the chief exec to explain to the fans?

sheedy

Part-time Love Islander
These are things that the fans don’t get to see. If this is the case would it be better for the chief exec to explain to the fans?
He’s given a statement addressing it but I suspect the fans will pretty much dismiss it , the board aren’t particularly popular and as has been said monk did a fairly decent job on the field . Things just pass people by or don’t register i suppose , I certainly wouldn’t be at all surprised if a previous chairman of his had got rid of him for similar reasons .

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with managers liking to use agents they trust and are comfortable with but you could certainly read between the lines of shoehorning them into every deal as is suggested by the CEO .

sheedy

Part-time Love Islander
As expected Not a huge surprise to see this reported about monk today

“Middlesbrough are reviewing their transfer business while Garry Monk was manager, amid the club's concern about his relationship with his agent James Featherstone. ... They say they made it clear to Monk when he was manager they did not want Featherstone involved in club transfer business...Monk survived only six months as Boro manager after joining the club in June of that year but still spent around £50million on players in the summer transfer window. “

pablo_p

TEF Member
Has to be Ole because "Lamps" has the ready made excuse of not being able to buy players in.

We need these two to fuck it up big time, though.

Cal

Victor Meldrew
I hope Lampard does well, got a lot of time for him. On the other hand with regards to Chelsea, I hope Barkley has a career ending injury so I won’t mind both happening.

sheedy

Part-time Love Islander
More stories about Gary monk , his agent and transfers today all related to Middlesbrough . The mail in particular running it but so are a couple of others , even talk of him being sued .

toffee_boy_andy

Love Islander
More stories about Gary monk , his agent and transfers today all related to Middlesbrough . The mail in particular running it but so are a couple of others , even talk of him being sued .
Remember you saying ages ago when we were all saying what a stupid decision it was to sack him.

How did you hear about it?

sheedy

Part-time Love Islander
Remember you saying ages ago when we were all saying what a stupid decision it was to sack him.

How did you hear about it?
Fairly common knowledge about monk , I think it’s interesting that very similar allegations were levelled against laudrup and his agent at Swansea where monk was captain and eventually replaced his former manager .

Mug

TEF Member
Phillip Cocu to Derby is interesting, gets to know the British game for a couple of years and then moves onto to something bigger.

Wonder if Brands has had any influence on his decision to go there.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)