• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Football Managers under Pressure

pablo_p

TEF Member
I think Lampard will surprise a few. Obviously I'm hoping he flops to fuck, but I think he'll get them in the Europa spots. Which, given they've lost their best player, I think is decent.

I'm banking on them falling to pieces, though. Purely for Everton's sake. And the fact that I can't stand them.

kev1

TEF Mortgage Broker - Mr. U-Turn
I like Frank - he’s done ok at Derby and looks to play good football. There are good players at Chelsea and Sari’s team selections were very strange at times. Put Kante back in his best position and give Ross a run in the team.

bluerinse

I don't think the loss of Hazard can be exagerated.

It's like when we lost Lukaku, he scored about 45% of our goals in that season under Koeman. Hazard scored or assisted a similar percentage of Chelsea's last season, iirc.

So if Lampard walks in, he's already going to be on the back foot - especially with no transfers being permitted.

MLWEFC

Getting a bit silly this place
I don't think the loss of Hazard can be exagerated.

It's like when we lost Lukaku, he scored about 45% of our goals in that season under Koeman. Hazard scored or assisted a similar percentage of Chelsea's last season, iirc.

So if Lampard walks in, he's already going to be on the back foot - especially with no transfers being permitted.
Not just Hazard, Gary Cahill was the captain.

aberonn

TEF Member
Think Lampard might be a bit of a disaster at Chelsea myself, but that being said it would be funny to see him get the job after 1 season in the championship whilst Gerrard is still up in Scotland planning for games against Ross County and the like.

toffee_boy_andy

Love Islander
They'd be giving it to Lampard and Morris coz they apparently know all about who the best kids in the youth teams/academy are (as Chelsea have not asked for the transfer ban to be suspended).

Hopefully they know of a few good young defenders, and may still consider making Zouma surplus to requirements.

bluerinse

They'd be giving it to Lampard and Morris coz they apparently know all about who the best kids in the youth teams/academy are (as Chelsea have not asked for the transfer ban to be suspended).

Hopefully they know of a few good young defenders, and may still consider making Zouma surplus to requirements.
They had a centre half, Fikayo Tomori on loan at Derby last season and I believe he impressed.

It's possible they'll rate him as good enough to be in the squad.

There was also a Chelsea defender on loan at Wigan called Reece James, who also impressed (but I think he's a full back).

MLWEFC

Getting a bit silly this place

'Lango' usually knows his apples
Derby scored more goals under Steve McLaren. They had that little cup run this season though, so I suppose that sticks out more in peoples minds, than the other 95% of the season when they didn't watch Derby.

kev1

TEF Mortgage Broker - Mr. U-Turn
Gary Monk sacked.
Very strange decision as he had them close to a play off place before they were deducted 9 points

Last edited:

sheedy

Part-time Love Islander
Gary Monk sacked.
Very strange decision as he had them close to a play off place before they were deducted 9 points
Have a look what the chief exec has had to say about him and the demands by the manager that monk’s agent was involved in all transfer deals , might explain why he doesn’t last long at clubs .

RoyalBlueBoy

Probably a Love Islander
Monk taking a nice little slice from all the deals then. Seriously, some people are greedy basturds. I'm all for successful people earning good money and doing well but greedy basturds piss me off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)