• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Football Managers under Pressure

bluerinse

Tony Pulis sacked by Boro :D
Bit pedantic of me, but wasn't it the case they just decided not to give him a new contract at the end of his existing deal?

Not that surprised he's gone either way, they should have been up there for automatic promotion but he's just so drab and unispiring up top and it cost them.

I'd like to think we're moving towards an age where the like of him and Allardyce won't continually get jobs because they're a 'safe pair of hands'. Nearly everybody wants to watch exciting football.

If you believe the bookies, Boro are now turning to homegrown former Real Madrid legend Jonathan Woodgate to replace him.

Last edited:

Fozastuta

TEF Member
I'm made up for Sarri. Europa League winners, 3rd place finish and a cup final loss on pens to one the best sides this country has seen and he has been treated like shite.

He now looks like becoming the manager of the biggest side in his homeland and managing Ronaldo.

bluerinse

Wonder if it’ll be Lampard. Can see that ending in tears.
Lampard is 1/20 to get the Chelsea job.

I think Lampard comes across as a decent bloke, but I know Chelsea fans who thought Sarri wasn't good enough, so how is a man who managed a 6th place finish in the Championship in his 1 season or management?

Obviously his playing career carries favour with the Chelsea fans but surely not enough. They expect to be challenging for the Premier League for goodness sake!

MLWEFC

Getting a bit silly this place
I reckon Lampard will get the same sort of bounce that OGS did at United (although not to the same extent, perhaps). One of the boys back in the dressing room, everyone happy. Then cracks will start to appear.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)