• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Football Managers under Pressure

MLWEFC

Getting a bit silly this place
Locadia - £14m
Izquierdo - £16m
Jahanbakhsh - £17m
Bernardo - £9m
Bissouma - £15m
Propper - £12m

Dunno how much of a say Hughton had in them signings because I don't know how Brighton work but I'm not even sure if I've seen half of them play.

dr lee

TEF Member
Seems harsh but Hughton always seems to be doing a decent job but gets fucked off, you have to wonder why that is. As someone else suggested, I suppose you have to look at what the fans think of him really to see it in some context.

Rich

Global Moderator
Locadia - £14m
Izquierdo - £16m
Jahanbakhsh - £17m
Bernardo - £9m
Bissouma - £15m
Propper - £12m

Dunno how much of a say Hughton had in them signings because I don't know how Brighton work but I'm not even sure if I've seen half of them play.
At least we won’t have to put up with hearing all their names mispronounced next season.

bluerinse

Looking at it properly, I can see why they've done it.

No wins in 9.
11 points from 18 games.

36 points all in and fortunate to stay up, despite spending a fair amount.

Hugo's left kidney

‘connected’
Looking at it properly, I can see why they've done it.

No wins in 9.
11 points from 18 games.

36 points all in and fortunate to stay up, despite spending a fair amount.
Seems like he had a performance related clause in his his contract, so they didn't just sack him for, say, conceding a few goals using zonal marking. Mad that.

kev1

TEF Mortgage Broker - Mr. U-Turn
My mate is a big Brighton fan and has ‘inside’ knowledge. Says he lost the dressing room and after the 5-0 at home to Bournemouth the Chairman tore him apart and he couldn’t go on after that. I think he knew it was coming.

TylerDurden

Filthy piece of toe-rag
Can't work out whether it's harsh or not.

They were clearly bollocks for a long while but could another manager have done better?
Of course it is. They're Brighton FFS. Staying the league should be there only aim and they should be cumming buckets that they've achieved it again

TylerDurden

Filthy piece of toe-rag
But are they not allowed to want better than 11 points from their last 18 games?
Christ. That question sums up what's wrong with football these days. They shouldn't be looking at 18 games because football clubs, teams and managers shouldn't be judged soley on half a season. They stayed up. Despite some bad runs and drops in form they achieved their dreams yet again and little old Brighton will kick off next season in the premier league, they should be thanking Chris Hughton, not sacking the cunt. You could make the same argument about the poor run we had ''oh should Everton fans not expect more points?''

MLWEFC

Christ. That question sums up what's wrong with football these days. They shouldn't be looking at 18 games because football clubs, teams and managers shouldn't be judged soley on half a season. They stayed up. Despite some bad runs and drops in form they achieved their dreams yet again and little old Brighton will kick off next season in the premier league, they should be thanking Chris Hughton, not sacking the cunt. You could make the same argument about the poor run we had ''oh should Everton fans not expect more points?''
By that logic we definitely should've kept Sam Allardyce.

Imagine.

bluerinse

They got 36 points and can consider themselves lucky to stay up.

Hughton had a good run there and will be fondly remembered by their fans for what he did (taking them from bottom half of Championship to the Premier League) but overall, I personally think the timing was right for all to make the split.

If Brighton go down next season, which isn't out of the question, they may regret the decision but sometimes a club needs to roll the dice to freshen things up.

TylerDurden

Filthy piece of toe-rag
They got 36 points and can consider themselves lucky to stay up.

Hughton had a good run there and will be fondly remembered by their fans for what he did (taking them from bottom half of Championship to the Premier League) but overall, I personally think the timing was right for all to make the split.

If Brighton go down next season, which isn't out of the question, they may regret the decision but sometimes a club needs to roll the dice to freshen things up.
Talking rubbish for me there mate. They've sacked a manager who delivered them their dreams, for not exceeding their expectations. They will go down next season and everyone will see that randomly ''rolling the dice'' to ''freshen things up'' never delivers anything positive for football clubs, continuity and loyalty are far more valuable but sadly far too rare qualities in football these days

MLWEFC

Talking rubbish for me there mate. They've sacked a manager who delivered them their dreams, for not exceeding their expectations. They will go down next season and everyone will see that randomly ''rolling the dice'' to ''freshen things up'' never delivers anything positive for football clubs, continuity and loyalty are far more valuable but sadly far too rare qualities in football these days
Unfortunately there's such a huge financial difference in staying up and being in the championship. I agree that some managers are chopped too soon these days.

But for example, I'm not sure Leicester would be a premier league club right now had they stuck with Ranieri who had just won them the league.

It's really impossible to say unless you're a player / around the club.

Rich

Global Moderator
Southampton sacking Adkins the season he took them up is an example lf how ‘rolling the dice’ has paid off massively. They’re now an established prem side.

Southampton sacking Adkins the season he took them up is an example lf how ‘rolling the dice’ has paid off massively. They’re now an established prem side.
They may have been with him at the helm though...........

TylerDurden

Filthy piece of toe-rag
They sacked Adkins when they were 3 points clear of relegation. They also nearly went down this season so established is a stretch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)