• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Player Leighton Baines

Mezinski1878

TEF Member
So, we sell baines, for in my opinion nothing less than 20mil. Baines isn't making any noises like lescot was! But we could really do with the money.

The free transfer market is rich this summer bosingwa, pranjic and Naismith all big possibilitys and then what little cash we might have will be spent on either Donovan or Pienaar 4 out of 5 are all 30 or over.

In my opinion we should sell baines to raise cash for some younger talent for the now and for the future we all know about moyes eye for talent!

Discuss..... Please *74*

Gaucho

Everton Only Mod
I don't want us to sell Baines. We need to keep our best players and build around them, not sell them.

I would be delighted if we kept our current squad together, sold Yobo and brought in Naismith, Pienaar, Pranjic and maybe another 1 or 2 on free/loans.

I'd love to keep Baines, I think he is a great talent.

I can also see the value in selling him. You have to sell while stock is high. It's easier to replace with cheaper alternatives now.

Look at the players we are getting linked with in Elia and Castaignos at the mo. Neither would cost the earth but both Good players.

If we could keep Fellaini and add a couple of decent players, I think we may surprise a few people next year.

Wolfgang Fuckface

TEF Member
Gaucho said:
I don't want us to sell Baines. We need to keep our best players and build around them, not sell them.

I would be delighted if we kept our current squad together, sold Yobo and brought in Naismith, Pienaar, Pranjic and maybe another 1 or 2 on free/loans.
Unrealistic that though, it doesn't seem much money but it's the wages. Let's say Yobo is on £40k. Then we sign Naismith on £30k, Pienaar on £50k, Pranjic on £40k. That's another £80k per week on the wage bill, plus the signing on fees, agent fees etc.

Carmella

TEF Member
We need to keep him and he doesnt want to go imo. He strikes me as someone who is loyal and a real homebody.

Could they force him to go or not?

Gaucho

Everton Only Mod
Carmella said:
We need to keep him and he doesnt want to go imo. He strikes me as someone who is loyal and a real homebody.

oh come on, get real, of course he would want to go if Man United came in for him, he'd be stupid not too. He wouldn't even have to move house.

Carmella

TEF Member
Gaucho said:
Carmella said:

oh come on, get real, of course he would want to go if Man United came in for him, he'd be stupid not too. He wouldn't even have to move house.

Nope dont agree with you and dont have to get real, as i said imo.

Jigga

TEF Member
Papers even suggesting United could get him for around the £5million mark is hilarious.

So we make a loss on him do we..?

Mezinski1878

TEF Member
from what i can gather from he has said he loves the club he would like to stay but would fully understand if everton have to sell him! i dont want him top go but out of fellaini and baines i would rather sell baines!

sheedy

Part-time Love Islander
Posted it on kipper in the past and again in the transfer thread on here but I'm certain despite all the rumours that United's interest was nowhere near as advanced as many seemed to feel. It might have changed in the last month or so because I havent really asked about it but it wasn't a done deal & the fact it's still 'paper talk' maybe support that. I will say again though moyes was of the opinion (or at least telling people) that he suspected united didnt have finances for the kind of bid they'd need for a left back in their list of transfer priorities . My only worry is if the new tv deal has changed their available dough

Hibbert's Carp

TEF Member
I'm on the fence with Baines, he's been class for us, but if we'd get £18m+ then we might end up with a more balanced and less predictable squad.

MartSlinger

Love Islander
Please tell me you dont believe the Kipper main site. When have they ever been right with regards to transfers? Never, is the answer.

aberonn

TEF Member
MartSlinger said:
Please tell me you dont believe the Kipper main site. When have they ever been right with regards to transfers? Never, is the answer.
But they gave it 4 kippers out of 5.

4 KIPPERS OUT OF 5!!! *jazz*

MartSlinger

Love Islander
aberonn said:
MartSlinger said:

SHIT.
It must be on!! *jazz*

Carmella

TEF Member
MartSlinger said:
aberonn said:
MartSlinger said:

SHIT.
It must be on!! *jazz*

Holy shit batman, 4 kippers out of 5, i feel bad for disbeliieving it now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)