• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Leeds Utd

bignevruled

TEF Member
My family on both sides are from Leeds and the surrounding areas. For the most part it's deep rugby league country and therefore contains lots of people I have nothing in common with.

I used to go there a lot as a kid and absolutely hated the place and the people. I say people but the women were alright, it was just the men. Backward, closed minded, macho arseholes who looked like they got their clothes from a cold war Latvian jumble sale. Brainless, witless dinosaurs who all seemed to have a deep affinity with John Wayne and the American wild west for some unknown reason. The amount of times I've heard 'Get off your horse and drink your milk' in a thick Castleford dialect pains me to recollect.

When undertaking any kind of discourse with these lifeforms you could almost hear the mechanisms in their brains whirring and clunking into life as they tried to connect brain cells to form coherent opinions. They rarely succeeded though so would just fall into tired stereotypes when trying to describe anything outside of their 3 metre circle of experience.They'd all go to the club on a weekend and then come home and annoy or frighten family members depending on the character of the particular bellend fate had lumped you with. Fortunately my maternal grandfather was relatively mild natured, which, while making the sunday lunch routine less intimidating, made for many a tedious and embarrassing family gathering.

My mother had left this soul crushing backwater as a teenager to follow my dad around the country when he was contracting but had left a sister of a similar age to fester among the human rubble. It was always interesting to go back and see her. A carbon copy of my mother but with a voice about 20% louder and an outlook on life around 20% grimmer. Proof itself that living in a satellite town of Leeds was a much worse experience than travelling around the UK, dragging a ginger child up while living in a succession of caravans in close proximity to scores of oily faced men with no insight.

Anyway, I haven't been back to Leeds in a long time and have no intention of ever going back again. Who knows, maybe in the last 20 years it has become a liberal minded, sophisticated destination with a thriving cafe culture and a forward thinking population. But when a place makes 1970s Middlesbrough seem like Beverly Hills 90210, you know they have a lot of progress to make to climb out of the well.

I hope Leeds Utd get crushed to dust and never return. Have a nice weekend lads and lasses.

My family on both sides are from Leeds and the surrounding areas. For the most part it's deep rugby league country and therefore contains lots of people I have nothing in common with.

I used to go there a lot as a kid and absolutely hated the place and the people. I say people but the women were alright, it was just the men. Backward, closed minded, macho arseholes who looked like they got their clothes from a cold war Latvian jumble sale. Brainless, witless dinosaurs who all seemed to have a deep affinity with John Wayne and the American wild west for some unknown reason. The amount of times I've heard 'Get off your horse and drink your milk' in a thick Castleford dialect pains me to recollect.

When undertaking any kind of discourse with these lifeforms you could almost hear the mechanisms in their brains whirring and clunking into life as they tried to connect brain cells to form coherent opinions. They rarely succeeded though so would just fall into tired stereotypes when trying to describe anything outside of their 3 metre circle of experience.They'd all go to the club on a weekend and then come home and annoy or frighten family members depending on the character of the particular bellend fate had lumped you with. Fortunately my maternal grandfather was relatively mild natured, which, while making the sunday lunch routine less intimidating, made for many a tedious and embarrassing family gathering.

My mother had left this soul crushing backwater as a teenager to follow my dad around the country when he was contracting but had left a sister of a similar age to fester among the human rubble. It was always interesting to go back and see her. A carbon copy of my mother but with a voice about 20% louder and an outlook on life around 20% grimmer. Proof itself that living in a satellite town of Leeds was a much worse experience than travelling around the UK, dragging a ginger child up while living in a succession of caravans in close proximity to scores of oily faced men with no insight.

Anyway, I haven't been back to Leeds in a long time and have no intention of ever going back again. Who knows, maybe in the last 20 years it has become a liberal minded, sophisticated destination with a thriving cafe culture and a forward thinking population. But when a place makes 1970s Middlesbrough seem like Beverly Hills 90210, you know they have a lot of progress to make to climb out of the well.

I hope Leeds Utd get crushed to dust and never return. Have a nice weekend lads and lasses.
There are hovels there but there are also some very nice areas. I did avoid town when they played at home, some bad dickheads out and about there on gameday.

andrew street

TEF Member

You are Alan Bennet and I claim my £5

MLWEFC

Prolapsed Love Islander
Anyone else fucking gutted to hear bignevruled @bignevruled is ginger?

'Top, top' post, mind you.

Lol, fucking hell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kim Jong-un

TEF Member

I think they're onto something there, tbh. An Everton tour to Syria might be the answer to our need to trim the squad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)