• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Kits

Happy with the new kit?

• Yes

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Not arsed

Votes: 14 46.7%

• Total voters

AnthonyC

Admin
Any idea when the new kits will be out or what date they usually come out?

Seems the club are keeping things very close to their chest this year including preseason dates etc

Kim Jong-un

TEF Member
Any idea when the new kits will be out or what date they usually come out?

Seems the club are keeping things very close to their chest this year including preseason dates etc
I'd guess at early to mid July for the home kit. They're currently advertising jobs in the stores to cover the launch and the deadline for applications isn't until the end of June.

DJEFC

TEF Member
There’s an event coming up at finch farm soon for the fans that went to every game this season. Should find out the date this week. It’s rumoured it will be the kit launch.

bluerinse

Love Island Mod
This is one of those issues that seems to annoy people every other summer when they haven't been released and we've got no footy to focus our energies on.

However, while I'm not too arsed, I don't see the excuse for not having them ready and worn the final home game of the season. Surely clubs should want to maximise the time they're in the shops being sold at full whack.

Last edited:

bluerinse

Love Island Mod
Also, on the topic of kits, has anybody done anything creative with their old kits?

I must have about 30 shirts. I've been thinking of getting them all put into some sort of display on a wall, but have never got round to it.

maccarob

TEF Member
This one of those issues that seem to annoy people every other summer when they haven't been released and we've got no footy to focus their energy on.

However, while I'm not too arsed, I don't see the excuse for not having them ready and worn the final home game of the season. Surely clubs should want to maximise the time they're in the shops being sold at full whack.

Totally agree, their new kit is everywhere at the moment, at the kids footy training the other night, half the team had a new kit on and we manage a girls team. when everyone goes on holidays over the next few weeks, you will just see red kits everywhere and we haven't even got a release date, its pathetic. We don't even give ourselves a chance to show a presence and maximise our income / standing within the city.

bluerinse

Love Island Mod
Totally agree, their new kit is everywhere at the moment, at the kids footy training the other night, half the team had a new kit on and we manage a girls team. when everyone goes on holidays over the next few weeks, you will just see red kits everywhere and we haven't even got a release date, its pathetic. We don't even give ourselves a chance to show a presence and maximise our income / standing within the city.
It seems like 1 year they get it right, but then the next it's back to this amatuer state of affairs.

Last year we wore the new kit in the last home game and had it on sale fairly early, iirc.

ScottM

Top Everton ITK
Thought things would change in terms of the commercial aspect now Elstone has gone, but the thing with Umbro and then signing the deal so late is farcical.

Einbisschen

TEF Member
I think it’s be more inept if they just rubber stamper an umbro deal. Maybe the club played interest from other kit makers against them for more cash. I dont see signing a late deal with them as necessarily farsical.

maccarob

TEF Member
I think it’s be more inept if they just rubber stamper an umbro deal. Maybe the club played interest from other kit makers against them for more cash. I dont see signing a late deal with them as necessarily farsical.
I see what you are saying mate, with the close season and the summer taking everybody by surprise this year.

45rpm

TEF Member
They did a similar retro thing with west ham. I know most people aren't arsed about the kits but I am. No coincidence we ended up with Big Sam with that disgusting training top which was cut by scissors.

T1878

Love Islander
I remember when I leaked a kit 4 or 5 years back, my mate was working on the marketing/design campaign.

Shat myself and changed my username on here. Happy days.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)