• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Rumour Juan Mata

Status
Not open for further replies.

frank rizzo

TEF Member

kev1

Mortgage Nonce/Football Dunce
Paul - you are normally the reporter of Doom and gloom - what's happened???

Will

TEF Member
He's still 8/11 to sign for us with Paddy Power so I'd be surprised if it's close to being done.

OJL

TEF Member
He's still 8/11 to sign for us with Paddy Power so I'd be surprised if it's close to being done.
Probably because this information isn't common knowledge. Not saying it's definitely true but the odds aren't going to react to some ITK information that hasn't been plastered all over the Internet yet

Probably because this information isn't common knowledge. Not saying it's definitely true but the odds aren't going to react to some ITK information that hasn't been plastered all over the Internet yet
It was on Twitter a few hours ago [hibbert1]

Where? Are you talking about the bloke with 300 followers who said we're signing him, witsel and someone else?
I can't remember to be honest, this site's twitter may have retweeted it but I read a few hours ago that he agreed personal terms. I took it with a grain of salt.

Bunk Moreland

TEF Member
I probably should be over the moon about Mata signing. I just wonder what it will mean for Barkley. Hopefully he will be a box to box player and finally learn when to pass the ball. He's a brilliant talent, he's just stupid in that every time someone gives him the ball he thinks he has to drive and run forward with it. Needs to keep it simple at times, not dribble every time it's given to him.

Rich

CDPA Panelist (like jon)
I watch a lot of Utd and Mata is just as good on the left. Some think he lacks pace, but he is fucking brilliant at footy.

What a signing this would be.

Floody

TEF Member
Crazy that some dead heads are moaning about us wanting Mata, lets just stick with Niasse and McGeady eh [besic]

He has only just turned 28, we would be lucky to have him.

I don't think he would believe the reception Evertonians would give him if he does sign.

Rob-EFC

TEF Member
Would be a terrific signing, as many have said, a statement of intent from Moshiri. Think he would really benefit from joining us and being the sole playmaker, where everything would seemingly run through him. Also think Lukaku would massively benefit from having Mata as a no.10, as he could slide in those through balls and quick passes, something Barkley does need to work on.

Not really understanding the concern over how this affects Barkley, it is a squad game these days and adds extra competition to the side, which is never bad. Personally, Barkley for me is a no.8, not a playmaker, someone who plays deep and can carry the ball forward to start the attack and can join the attack later (like a Yaya Toure). Would love to see, especially against the weaker sides at home something like this
------ ------New Dm-----Barkley----------------
Deulofeu--------Mata---------------Mirallas---- m

And Mata has the versatility to play on the left, and from his time at Southampton, Koeman did utilise Tadic on the left as a playmaker.

Anthony

TEF Member
Mata is one of those luxury players that can open teams up and has already done it in the prem. I would love it if he signs for us.

He has played under Koeman before and (apparently) holds him in high regard.

Could be the start of something special.

thebluenose

TEF Member
I saw some of the people saying they don't want him....wtf is wrong with some of our fans.

I bet they worship the ground Hibbert walks on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)