• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Player Josh King

I don't think King is the answer, but he will be a useful addition. He will be written off before he's joined though

Space_Ghost

TEF Member
Can cover both our attacking players, better option than Cenk and Bernard from the bench. Allows Gordon to leave on loan and play some actual football. There'll be a lot of moaning because he's not world class pedigree but seems like a solid enough signing to provide cover IMO. Always thought he was good and expected him to leave them sooner.

Kyoto

TEF Member
He's okay at best and adds a bit due to playing across the front 3 but this smells like Bolasie all over again to me, Big wages and contract for someone okay at best.

Will

TEF Member
He wasn't too bad for Bournemouth in the Premier League but he's susceptible to injuries and will be on a fair bit of money. Hopefully it's not a long term contract.

Iggy

Love Islander
Why is everyone saying big wages? Has it been leaked he’s gonna be on brewsties?

Romeo Sensini

TEF Member
2 out of his 5 Premier League seasons he reached double figures, his best return was 16 but that was 5 years ago. Again only surmising over the contract details but a player with that return, who has only played a handful of games this season, 30 years old in a few weeks, he's not the kind of player you want to be giving a long term deal to. But why would he come here when he's a free agent in the summer unless we're making it worth his while? We know from Bernard as an example that Bosman rulings generally carry higher wages and signing on fees due to a lack of transfer fee. Something just doesn't sit right with it for me. If it's a 18 month (at a push detail) on a reasonable wage then fair enough, someone for the bench or to start the odd game if anyone needs a rest, but fuck it's really not ideal.

Gilroy

TEF Member
i don’t think he’s as bad as being made out. My worry with him would be injuries. He’s decent when he’s playing. Gives teams problems.

We won’t be able to properly push on without Europe. King is much better than Tosun and Gordon and now gives an option to change it up.

If we make the Europa the FFP will ease slightly given the increased turnover and we can sign better players.

T1878

Love Islander
Any details on fee/contract length? I said earlier anything beyond a 6 month loan would not be smart. But I’m assuming it’ll be a permanent deal. It’s just so short-sighted and he’ll probably be another one we’re stuck with in 12-18 months, potentially preventing us from signing other quality players.

Mike

Formerly Just Mike & Micky
Would personally have just given Gordon the minutes and tried to make a better signing in the Summer.

Maybe he'll surprise and be a really good addition.

aberonn

TEF Member
another player who turns 30 next season sigh.

moshiri and ancelotti are calling the shots these days for the most part in regards to incomings, and brands is little more than a token figure right now who is just doing some restructure work at academy level.

T1878

Love Islander
2 out of his 5 Premier League seasons he reached double figures, his best return was 16 but that was 5 years ago. Again only surmising over the contract details but a player with that return, who has only played a handful of games this season, 30 years old in a few weeks, he's not the kind of player you want to be giving a long term deal to. But why would he come here when he's a free agent in the summer unless we're making it worth his while? We know from Bernard as an example that Bosman rulings generally carry higher wages and signing on fees due to a lack of transfer fee. Something just doesn't sit right with it for me. If it's a 18 month (at a push detail) on a reasonable wage then fair enough, someone for the bench or to start the odd game if anyone needs a rest, but fuck it's really not ideal.

He’s just turned 29, mate. He’s pretty much exactly a year younger than Allan by way of comparison. Just pointing that out - not being sarcy.

Consayblue22

TEF Member
He isn’t amazing but he can do a job and in a number of positions, I would rather have played Gordon as well but for whatever reason Carlo isn’t having him as a regular first team player just yet. King gives us cover across the front 3 and another goal threat which we have been lacking lately.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)