• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Player Jordan Pickford

Gym or bin?

• Gym

Votes: 33 47.1%
  • Bin

Votes: 37 52.9%

• Total voters

505blue

TEF Member
I think Nev is doing what's best for Everton -- he probably sees there's little chance of getting someone better in this window so the sensible thing to do is to support Pickford rather than crucify him. Being that what Neville Southall says about keepers is actually important and may find its way to Picford's ears, his support may be useful.

We've seen in the past that Pickford is fairly immune to bad performances--his errors don't usually affect the next game. He'll continue to be erratic, but he also won't go full Kepa headcase.

ScottM

Pyar sauced
It’s almost like he feels like he has to be ‘involved’.

He should have belted the ball clear for their first goal and the flap for the second was unreal; if he’d have stayed still he’d have saved it.

Mike

Formerly Just Mike & Micky
I think Nev is doing what's best for Everton -- he probably sees there's little chance of getting someone better in this window so the sensible thing to do is to support Pickford rather than crucify him. Being that what Neville Southall says about keepers is actually important and may find its way to Picford's ears, his support may be useful.

We've seen in the past that Pickford is fairly immune to bad performances--his errors don't usually affect the next game. He'll continue to be erratic, but he also won't go full Kepa headcase.

He's already gone full Kepa headcase, hasn't he? They've pretty much done the exact same thing within the same week.

505blue

TEF Member
He's already gone full Kepa headcase, hasn't he? They've pretty much done the exact same thing within the same week.
He'll probably be fine for a while and randomly have great performances and make terrible decisions out of nowhere. Kepa carries his mistakes into every match now, he's a shell of what he was and has no confidence. Maybe I'm making it up, but Pickford doesn't get down for long periods of time. One of his best matches, then two matches later, one of his worst. He hasn't lost his confidence and thank fuck for that. Within a game Pickford can get into a muddled frame but I don't see it carried over from one game to the next. It's not ideal but it could be a lot worse.

Shez

Mr Agenda
It’s almost like he feels like he has to be ‘involved’.

He should have belted the ball clear for their first goal and the flap for the second was unreal; if he’d have stayed still he’d have saved it.
If he had stood still, the ball would have hit him and stayed out. The cock flapped it in himself. This is the standard he is at. Its Sunday League level.

Buggrit Hall

TEF Member
How's John Ruddy doing these days. Return of the prodigal son and all that.

toffee_boy_andy

Love Islander
If we do sign Romero that’s gonna scare the shit out of Pickford.

Personally I think as long as he’s Everton’s number 1, he’ll remain Southgate’s first choice, regardless of mistakes he’s making for us. The only way he gets dropped by England (imo) is if he ends up being benched at club level.

He’ll be raging, but at the same time he’ll only have himself to blame.

99escobar

TEF Member
We should try to sell Pickford ASAP. His value is only going to drop more like Joe Hart's did. Might be too late this transfer window.

jimbo

TEF Member
Since he's joined, Jordan Pickford has always reminded me of this kid that used to collect the glasses in my local where I grew up. Occasionally did gardening for some extra cash.

Not disabled per se, but definitely calling them thick doesn't quite do it justice. Nice guy, but no common sense and no real understanding of the world around them. Karl Pilkington kind of understanding of the world.

He always did the quiz and we gave him a point for spelling his team name right. Threw in a few questions about Man United 90s team just he'd get a few right.

I feel bad about it now, but I went into that bar once and a group of kids had come in and smashed a load of beers after college and left abruptly. Apparently one of them had thrown up in a glass and they all bailed.

This spew-filled glass was borderline art. Whoever it was clearly had a really colourful meal before hand. Reds, greens, and oranges fused together in a magical way. It really was beautiful.

Well this pot collector walked in, and asked what it was. So I told him it was a new fruit salad cocktail that was becoming popular, and that they'd gone so he should have a go.

He tried to drink the whole thing at once, I guess to either escape the every day confusion that he must suffer, or to try and impress us.

Either way, about 3 seconds later the whole thing came back up and I've never laughed so much in my life.

Absolute chaos. I still look back on that moment and laugh when life starts to get on top of me.

Why did I remember that right now? I went for some afterwork beers and theres a table of pickfords opposite me.

One of them has come to sit next to me, and ask me how my day has been.

I'm hoping by the end of this post he has fucked off.

TLDR: Never make eye contact with a Pickford.

Edit: he's fucked off.

Ste lucas

Knows where The Titanic hotel is.
He was goalkeeper at a very different time he could just pick the Ball up and wouldn't have 3 players closing him down. So I can see why he is being lenient but for someone who is critical at times he seems to not to be able to criticise goalkeepers.

A modern goalkeeper should expect to be closed down and be able to deal with it pickford didn't
He hated Richard Wright. Don't think he was keen on Paul gerrard

Quinnylad

TEF Member
Pickford is on the cusp of turning into Joe Hart. If he loses his number one spot here, he will never get it or his England place back

DannyEFC

Alan Myers
Didn’t realise Romero was 33

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)