• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Player Jordan Pickford

Gym or bin?

• Gym

Votes: 38 74.5%
  • Bin

Votes: 13 25.5%

• Total voters
Davo said to me a month or so ago that we want to sign Jordan Pickford. I doubted it as Koeman likes tall players.

Now Elton Welsby (remember him?) replied to a tweet of ours and has said the same thing. Not sure if he still has contacts within the club or the media - but i'd imagine after all them years that he does.

View: https://twitter.com/WelsbyElton/status/803308570964017152

boris

TEF Member
I've been banging the Pickford drum for a whilst.....he's my first choice, most realistic signing, I'd like to see us make this January.

The new modern type of cat that academies are trying to produce, fast and nimble with outstanding distribution. I'd love him here.

kev1

TEF Mortgage Broker - Mr. U-Turn - Reality TV buff
Roger Welsby!! Used to present Granada reports. Looking old as well.
Pickford would be a superb signing - he's the best young keeper around. Do it Ronald!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My only concern is that he is only 6ft. Other than that he is brilliant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boris

TEF Member
My only concern is that we haven't dropped a point this season because of our keeper play.
Are you having a laugh mate, if this is sarcastic then I've jumped right in but you never know these days.

For simplicity I'll say Burnley as Stevie Wonder can see he cost us that day.

To expand on how many he's cost us I'll mention City and Southampton, possibly his 2 best games of the season and both games were his inability to leave his line and gather crosses delivered into his 6 yard box cost us points.

This fellas a shocking keeper. A decent shot stopper but don't let that fool you as there's much more to the game than that. He's got absolutely no aggression, communication or distribution skills and his commanding of his box is beyond the joke.

I thought he may be a decent no 2 when we got him and wrote so on here however I don't think he's as good as Robles now I've seen more of him.

boris

TEF Member
Another keeper who'd be a good signing for us is Chris Maxwell at Preston. He's a very aggressive up and coming keeper who has a lot of Jordan Pickford's attributes about him.

He's absolutely no fear and for a nominal fee he has a lot of untapped potential as he never came through football in the academy system.

I'd have him as a back up here but I'd still prefer Robles if he was happy to stay and fight for a shirt.

I still think there a decent keeper in Robles.

Last edited:

aidefc

TEF Member
Not convinced, easy to stand out in a dire side when you are having 30 shots at you a game.

Rather we got a proven mid to late 20s GK.

bluerinse

You need an experienced goalkeeper in a relegation scrap. Moyes will know that.

Pickford will be available if the right offer comes in I reckon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)