• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

On Loan Jonjoe Kenny - Loaned to Schalke

Gym or bin?

• Gym

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • Bin

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters

Gilroy

TEF Member
Of all the 'young' players Kenny is improving game by game and is growing into playing for the first team.

His forward play is improving as he gains more confidence. All the lot he is looking most likely to have a good long-term career with us.

Rich

Secretly watches love island
Of all the 'young' players Kenny is improving game by game and is growing into playing for the first team.

His forward play is improving as he gains more confidence. All the lot he is looking most likely to have a good long-term career with us.
Well he is the oldest of all the ‘young’ players and captained the youth side. Makes sense.

Can’t imagine many Evertonians giving Davies 18 months to make the same perceived amount of headway.

Gilroy

TEF Member
Well he is the oldest of all the ‘young’ players and captained the youth side. Makes sense.

Can’t imagine many Evertonians giving Davies 18 months to make the same perceived amount of headway.
Davies is a funny one. He seems to be going backwards. I'm sure he had a bounce of youthful exuberance when he came through, but some of his performances this year have been atrocious.

CM is probably the most challenging position on the pitch, you need to be good at everything. To his credit, he always shows for the ball but his positioning and tackling are, at present, bad at best - and his passing is increasingly wayward. I can't understand him being captain at the moment, its unnecessary additional pressure to play well.

Rich

Davies is a funny one. He seems to be going backwards. I'm sure he had a bounce of youthful exuberance when he came through, but some of his performances this year have been atrocious.

CM is probably the most challenging position on the pitch, you need to be good at everything. To his credit, he always shows for the ball but his positioning and tackling are, at present, bad at best - and his passing is increasingly wayward. I can't understand him being captain at the moment, its unnecessary additional pressure to play well.
He’s not even played two full seasons yet, so inconsistency is to be expected.

I actually think his performances have improved on last season, but you’ve hit the nail on the head about CM being the hardest position to excel in - you need to have so many different arrows in your quiver. So surely, by that logic, he deserves more time, not less. He only turned 20 in June ffs.

kev1

TEF Mortgage Broker - Love Islander
Time to give this lad a runout - give Coleman a rest.

Burnley away is ideal.
Problem is he’s not good enough so we will just have the same problems. I agree with resting Coleman but I’d rather see us try something else - maybe Davies at RB?
Now before you say wtf there have been plenty of midfielders converted to a full back. Milner does it for the shite as does Delph at City. It may be worth a try as he’s not going to make it in the middle.

Rich

Problem is he’s not good enough so we will just have the same problems. I agree with resting Coleman but I’d rather see us try something else - maybe Davies at RB?
Now before you say wtf there have been plenty of midfielders converted to a full back. Milner does it for the shite as does Delph at City. It may be worth a try as he’s not going to make it in the middle.
Kenny isn’t as bad as you say and he’s only going to get better by playing minutes.

I’d happily chuck him in against fucking Burnley.

Mug

TEF Member
Really don’t know why so many think Kenny isn’t up to it. He was improving game on game when playing whereas Coleman is seemingly going backwards.

Definitely worth a punt.
I’m fairly certain that if he was say a Leicester player you’d be reading how we should “just pay the money” for him in the same way we heard it about the leftback from Celtic or Chilwell in the summer.

kev1

TEF Mortgage Broker - Love Islander
I’m fairly certain that if he was say a Leicester player you’d be reading how we should “just pay the money” for him in the same way we heard it about the leftback from Celtic or Chilwell in the summer.
I do love how you or others always say this. Our kids are not good enough. If they were they would be in the side as there’s been plenty of opportunities. The majority of them are lower prem or championship quality and Kenny is in that bracket.
Kenny hasn’t been a regular in the squad for months so what makes you think he will play him?

Mug

TEF Member
I do love how you or others always say this. Our kids are not good enough. If they were they would be in the side as there’s been plenty of opportunities. The majority of them are lower prem or championship quality and Kenny is in that bracket.
Kenny hasn’t been a regular in the squad for months so what makes you think he will play him?
Yeah sorry you’re right. Our young players are crap and everyone else’s are brilliant.

Reactions: jon

Gilroy

TEF Member
Coleman needs hooking out. Its a shame, he's been a great player but he has clearly lost a yard (at least) of pace which has damaged his game.

Kenny is worth another go and a replacement is needed in January or summer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)