• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Player Jonas Lössl - Signed on free transfer (3 year deal)

Good signing?

• Yes, good back up to keep Pickford on his toes

Votes: 25 67.6%
  • No. He's shite

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Dunno

Votes: 8 21.6%

• Total voters

MLWEFC

Ex-Love Islander who has seen the light
Loved Campbell as a player but I find the way he's latched onto Everton fans in recent years a bit insincere.

Call me cynical like but he wasn't arsed about being a fan figure before he went bankrupt.

Fair play to his agent though, it's money for old rope.

IRISHBLUE101

Global Moderator
Loved Campbell as a player but I find the way he's latched onto Everton fans in recent years a bit insincere.

Call me cynical like but he wasn't arsed about being a fan figure before he went bankrupt.

Yeah I’ve always thought that too.
Way over the top IMO.

T1878

Love Islander

I bumped into him on a night out when he was playing for Cardiff, right at the end of his career. He said he loved Everton and seemed genuine, but that might've been a way of deflecting a pissed up tosser.

MLWEFC

Ex-Love Islander who has seen the light
I bumped into him on a night out when he was playing for Cardiff, right at the end of his career. He said he loved Everton and seemed genuine, but that might've been a way of deflecting a pissed up tosser.
He is a nice fella.

Ste lucas

TEF Member
After his loan spell he was staying in daresbury the Runcorn massive we used to sneak in to the pitches shouting over the fences

He was very supportive of the club and wanted to get back playing for Everton.

Alan Partridge

TEF Member

I’m sure I read somewhere that his affection for us as a club - moreso than just the fan base, so to speak - was borne of the fact that we ‘rescued’ him from a nightmare situation in turkey at the time. He was being subjected to borderline racism by the club and a portion of the fans there by all accounts, so to find a club and fans who took to him (his early goal run deffo helped, of course) just won him over and at a time he needed it.

Anichebe's gooch

TEF Member
I’m sure I read somewhere that his affection for us as a club - moreso than just the fan base, so to speak - was borne of the fact that we ‘rescued’ him from a nightmare situation in turkey at the time. He was being subjected to borderline racism by the club and a portion of the fans there by all accounts, so to find a club and fans who took to him (his early goal run deffo helped, of course) just won him over and at a time he needed it.
IIRC their chairman referred to him as a 'discoloured cannibal'. Then he came here, singlehandedly saved us from relegation and was instantly a hero. Must have been like night and day for him.

Ste lucas

TEF Member
Might sound like nowt, but instead of moving back to Turkey after his loan. He stayed in daresbury hotel (which isnt cheap) out of his own back paid for trainers. Just to be near to Everton for when the deal was agreed. If I remember the Turks played hard ball too

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)