• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Joey Barton

IRISHBLUE101

Global Moderator

Banned by Rangers for 3 weeks.

Now:
View: https://twitter.com/SkyNewsBreak/status/778141522147610624

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/sep/20/joey-barton-investigation-breaking-betting-rules-rangers?CMP=twt_gu
The Scottish Football Association and the Gambling Commission are looking into claims that the 34-year-old bet on Celtic to suffer a heavy defeat to Barcelona last Tuesday night.

Doesnt sound that bad, but he doesnt help himself does he. I wonder which Greek philosopher he will quote about this.

RoyalBlueBoy

TEF Member
Know him a bit through family and can confirm he is a bell end. Makes me angry such an arsehole is so rich and will make even more money out of this book which will be full of shit.

One piece in his book is him saying he would be a better manager than Sam Allardyce because he was a better player. He then goes on to say Mark Hughes is a terrible manager despite Hughes being 10 times the player he was.

andrew street

TEF Member
Loved watching Sky Sports News reading his statement.
Typical rambling shite which went on forever.
Presenters were clearly reading it off the cuff and unedited, and then half way through realised that one of his complaints was the complicity between broadcasters and in play betting companies and the hypocrisy in blaming gambling addicts.
Did everything but say Sky and Skybet.
Presenters hastily cut to final sentence

kev1

TEF Mortgage Broker - Love Islander
Bet on his own team to lose a few times

What does he expect?

Prick
He had a gambling addiction and placed over 15000 bets with 1200 on football matches. He earned a fortune and did it for the buzz not the money. He is stupid betting on his team to lose but he should be given help - the same as if it's alcohol or drug addiction.
The bets on his team to lose were over 6 years ago and he never played in any of the games either.
An 18 month ban for someone suffering from an illness is ridiculous and I'm sure he will appeal.
He's also right about how attractive betting is to people and how easy it is to get hooked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

McLovin

Former Love Islander that holds the place together
I've said for years gambling and football are too closely knit. The amount of sponsorship and glamourising in the game for betting goes against everything that is laid out in responsible gambling. All the adverts, in play bets on live games, shirt sponsorships, should be nowhere near the game.

As I've said before, I work in the industry and it's too over the top. It needs binning off altogether. Gamble all you want as long as it's fun, but don't make it so glamorous and attractive

Mr Kirk

Forum food fraud
Who the fuck is Jordan and why does he deserve a blue tick. Can any old cunt get one?

Rich

Secretly watches love island
He had a gambling addiction and placed over 15000 bets with 1200 on football matches. He earned a fortune and did it for the buzz not the money. He is stupid betting on his team to lose but he should be given help - the same as if it's alcohol or drug addiction.
The bets on his team to lose were over 6 years ago and he never played in any of the games either.
An 18 month ban for someone suffering from an illness is ridiculous and I'm sure he will appeal.
He's also right about how attractive betting is to people and how easy it is to get hooked.

Sorry, Kev, but the cause does not excuse the action. Not ever.

kev1

TEF Mortgage Broker - Love Islander
Sorry, Kev, but the cause does not excuse the action. Not ever.
But does he deserve 18 months when people who took drugs got between 6 and 9 months?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)