• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Former Player Idrissa Gueye - Signed for PSG (£29m)

Bunk Moreland

TEF Member
Jesus. There seems to be a massive change in the quality of our signings. Thought we were looking at the very top.

It's all worrying. If you seen Villa then surely this kid couldn't have impressed. Does that mean Carvalho off as well? We have plenty of average midfielders. I'm underwhelmed sorry.

jon

Global Moderator
They signed him for 9m last season and he had relegation clause probably worth more
What I mean is, I don't think we'd be looking at him as a first XI player, if true. Hemight be worth more but he didn't look that great from what I saw of him last season (which wasn't much).
We're getting linked with all manner of players and this could just be more bollocks.

He was the only player who looked decent whenever I watched them last season. He was pretty much in midfield on his own!

MarkEfc96

TEF Member
What I mean is, I don't think we'd be looking at him as a first XI player, if true. Hemight be worth more but he didn't look that great from what I saw of him last season (which wasn't much).
We're getting linked with all manner of players and this could just be more bollocks.
my fault misread what you wrote & agree could be a solid back up

Reactions: jon
Everton meet release clause for Aston Villa man

Everton have met the release clause of Aston Villa midfielder Idrissa Gueye according to the Daily Mail.

The 26 year old was available on the cheap following villa’s relegation and reports are that Everton have matched the £7.2m clause.

Gueye was one of the only bright sparks of Villa’s dismal premier league campaign and the Senegal international was only behind former Leicester man N’golo Kante for interceptions in the league

Gueye was signed for Villa for £9m last summer, but due to the relegation is available for a low price.

Would Gueye be a good signing?

Comment below or have your say on our dedicated Everton Forum at www.theevertonforum.co.uk/forum

The post Everton meet release clause for Aston Villa man appeared first on Everton Forum - The latest Everton News and Everton Forum.

Continue reading...

Bunk Moreland

TEF Member
Which games snoop? They were absolutely annihilated most games and he is supposed to protect the back 4?

I realise there were loads of problems at that club but surely his character must also be questionable given their frequent white flag waving antics

Which games snoop? They were absolutely annihilated most games and he is supposed to protect the back 4?

I realise there were loads of problems at that club but surely his character must also be questionable given their frequent white flag waving antics
I can't remember, it's Villa not Brazil.

He was playing infront of Lescott and Richards and alongside Westwood, Bacuna, Baker etc.....

Bunk Moreland

TEF Member
Fair enough, I'm just disappointed we seem to be chasing Brady too. Picking at the bones pf relegated clubs wasn't something I was expecting us to do.

IRISHBLUE101

Global Moderator
Cant say I know fuck all about him.
Villa fans arent too fussed on him tho. Although maybe last season was a difficult one to judge him on playing in one of the worst Villa sides ever.

112 page thread here. https://www.villatalk.com/topic/13544-idrissa-gana-gueye/?page=112

He sounds a bit like McCarthy:
Based on what I 'saw' week in week out he is solid defensive player with a good engine and (as everyone likes to points out) good interception stats. But stats can be a bit deceiving. For a start, we were mostly defending in games with low levels of possession which probably skews things a bit in terms of the relative number of interceptions in the league. As for the rest of his game, he was OK nothing more and he never really stood out in what was a 'very' poor side. I also think he is a bit on the light side and he offers very little going forward, even for a DM his shooting was woeful! ...

Ha and this Villa fan has us nailed down to a tee:
Nice one Everton. This deal coul have been done months ago. Thanks for dicking us around and costing us 250k in wages.

Space_Ghost

TEF Member
I'd be pretty happy with this, said a while ago that he'd be the one I'd take form the relegated teams. £7m is really cheap too considering they paid more than that last season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)