• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Player Gylfi "Nearly" Sigurdsson

Gym or bin?

• Gym

Votes: 31 44.3%
  • Bin

Votes: 39 55.7%

• Total voters

Davo

TEF Member

Fozastuta

TEF Member
For the £40m Swansea are being touted to want, i wouldn't bother. I'd like him here, but not at those prices.

AngusYoung

TEF Member
Decent player and that, but that should be our final bid, no way is he worth anymore.

Surely with Walsh's scouting network you'd like to think their was better alternatives.

michaelgt5

TEF Member
He's worth bringing in if we play with a big lad up front (Giroud)?

Hopefully Walsh/Koeman will have other targets in this position, and we don't start bidding silly money for him.

Mick Blue

Pervert & possible Love Islander
I'd like him here, and I'm not particularly arsed what the fee is, after all, it isn't my money, but I don't want him here if it's as a replacement for Barkley.

My concern is him being a big fish in a small pond, he failed at Spurs and Swansea basically built around him and Llorente last season.

How many of his assists were from open play? I can't see him getting as many assists with us unless Koeman adds some aerial aggression to the team.

Personally I'd prefer us to keep Barkley.

Statue of Dixie

Blue Steel
I think it's going to cost us more if we want him mate. 35+, I reckon.

I wouldn't want us breaking our transfer fee on him, he's decent but not worth that much, he didn't last 5mins at Spurs and soon went back to Swansea, I think he's just one of those players that stands out in a poor side but is unable to make the step up when the opportunity is given.

TeeJay

Global Moderator
I want him here, he single-handily kept Swansea up last season. But as above not to replace Barkley.

Swansea are in a good position here. He isn't going to force a move as he apparently loves living there, so we will have to pay what they want. Personally I think we should still pay it as he'd bring qualities to the team that we are badly lacking at times. His delivery from open play and set-pieces is superb and his vision is top drawer. The only thing he's lacking is pace.

Andycm81

TEF Member
I wouldn't want us breaking our transfer fee on him, he's decent but not worth that much, he didn't last 5mins at Spurs and soon went back to Swansea, I think he's just one of those players that stands out in a poor side but is unable to make the step up when the opportunity is given.

I think him being a flop at Spurs is a bit of a myth TBH. 83 games and 13 goals over 2 seasons isn't that bad.

He's undoubtedly a talented player and would improve us, but again, I'd rather play Ross.

kev1

Mortgage Nonce/Football Dunce
Can I ask the ones that don't want him here why they think that?
He takes a superb set piece
He scores goals
He creates chances
We don't have that type of player
He will improve us.

If we have to pay £40m then so be it. He is quality and better than Barkley - fight me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Potrik

TEF Member
I think him being a flop at Spurs is a bit of a myth TBH. 83 games and 13 goals over 2 seasons isn't that bad.

He's undoubtedly a talented player and would improve us, but again, I'd rather play Ross.

Average of 6 goals and 2 assists a season for Spurs. I'd probably call that flopping.

Niasse got 4 goals and 1 assist for Hull in 6 months.

TheDoctor

TEF Member
He's the type of player we need (someone who can get goals from midfield). Seems to be something Koeman is looking to address, making us less reliant on Rom by spreading the goals around with Klaassen, Sandro and now Gylfi

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)