• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Sport Golf

liquidfootball2

TEF Member
On paper they're stronger than us but the added pressure they're under could show.

I think it's key for Rory and Justin to stand up early as big boy players. Get those two points on the board and it's a struggle for the US.
Rory and Justin both lost

EUROPE WON EASILY

Last edited:

liquidfootball2

TEF Member
View: https://twitter.com/BBCSport/status/1046438773599465472?s=20

Great to see Oleson and Rahm picking up points even if the latter was always expected to in his one.

Ian the postman always delivers - he's mental with that postbox on his head

Winning the singles 7.5 - 4.5 and the match 17.5 - 10.5 is an absolute stuffing, a humiliation and an embarrassment to the so called favourites.

It's been around a quarter of a century since the Americans last won over on this side of the Atlantic, I think a lot in the media just simply ignored how much home advantage counts, it's absolutely massive.

Europe however are more competitive when they travel and have won reasonably often away this century and as recently as Medina. Home advantage in 2020 will once again be huge and should be considered as such.

Last edited:

MLWEFC

Love Island apostate
Fingers crossed for you today B @boris

I've just backed Rory for interest later because surely he is due one but would be happy to see Tommy win it, too.

Done a Rory & Tommy double in the 2 balls, too.

graeme

TEF Member

MLWEFC

Love Island apostate
About bloody time, Rory.

Absolute whopper of a back 9 that. Drama all over the show. Gutted for Tommy but I like the way him and Rahm attacked the 17th instead of playing safe and bagging the money in the hand, like a lot of others would.

That late eagle from Tommy brought my 2 ball double home, too. Lovely stuff!

jon

Global Moderator
Shame the British Masters can't gain more traction. That said, I'm not sure Hillside is equipped for much bigger crowds and it's interesting to see lesser names.
Nice to watch Fleetwood earlier, standing at the head of a long queue of kids, signing autographs, getting pictures etc. He seems like a really decent fella.

graeme

TEF Member
Shame the British Masters can't gain more traction. That said, I'm not sure Hillside is equipped for much bigger crowds and it's interesting to see lesser names.
Nice to watch Fleetwood earlier, standing at the head of a long queue of kids, signing autographs, getting pictures etc. He seems like a really decent fella.
You won't find anyone who has a bad word to say about him, really is a nice lad. They almost swerve the British masters this year as well.

jon

Global Moderator
You won't find anyone who has a bad word to say about him, really is a nice lad. They almost swerve the British masters this year as well.
Appearance fees and prize money can't compete. I think Harrington is doing similart o Fleetwood for the Irish?
Played Hillside a couple of times, when I played badly). Lad I know used to be Captain.

graeme

TEF Member
Appearance fees and prize money can't compete. I think Harrington is doing similart o Fleetwood for the Irish?
Played Hillside a couple of times, when I played badly). Lad I know used to be Captain.
Hate that appearance fee bullshit. Turn up and earn your money.

Reactions: jon

boris

TEF Member
The European Tour has gone completely now, the standard is shit. All the big guns are in the US, especially with it being a non Ryder Cup year.

The scheduling of the British Masters had been terrible. With there being a major next week no one was ever going to come. Tommy himself wouldn’t be there if he hadn’t been asked to host the event.

Hillside is a great course for it though.....I played across the railway line at S&A earlier for a few holes so I was watching from the 16th there for a bit. There definitley needs to be more links golf on the tour.

Last edited:
Reactions: jon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)