• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

General Everton Talk

Callum

TEF Member
But that’s the case now, so why would pay per view make a difference?
Because of the way the TV deal is structured, the amounts each team get per match are not equal but not massively different. Whereas with ppv, you'd get 200,000 people watching Fulham's match for £10 equaling £2m, compared to 5,000,000 watching Man United at £10 equaling £50m.

Mr Kirk

Branflakes cunt
Because of the way the TV deal is structured, the amounts each team get per match are not equal but not massively different. Whereas with ppv, you'd get 200,000 people watching Fulham's match for £10 equaling £2m, compared to 5,000,000 watching Man United at £10 equaling £50m.
Why does the change in the way the payment is received change the way the income is distributed to the clubs?

Callum

TEF Member
Why does the change in the way the payment is received change the way the income is distributed to the clubs?
I expect that if Man United know that they make 25x more income for the TV company than Fulham, then they will demand that share of the TV money that goes to clubs. Most football owners aren't known for being generous to their competition and the TV company won't want to upset the clubs that bring in the most money.

Mr Kirk

Branflakes cunt
I expect that if Man United know that they make 25x more income for the TV company than Fulham, then they will demand that share of the TV money that goes to clubs. Most football owners aren't known for being generous to their competition and the TV company won't want to upset the clubs that bring in the most money.
Man Utd already know they make 25x more for the tv company in current state.

Callum

TEF Member
Man Utd already know they make 25x more for the tv company in current state.
Yes, but in the current system where I have access to all televised games, I decided this weekend to watch Fulham vs Leeds but I wouldn't have paid for it if it were ppv, whereas I didn't watch the Man United game. The disparity between the top and bottom clubs would become even more apparent if neutrals aren't watching the matches.

Mr Kirk

Branflakes cunt
Yes, but in the current system where I have access to all televised games, I decided this weekend to watch Fulham vs Leeds but I wouldn't have paid for it if it were ppv, whereas I didn't watch the Man United game. The disparity between the top and bottom clubs would become even more apparent if neutrals aren't watching the matches.
I’ve never paid to watch a televised game in my life. But would pay a reasonable fee to watch our matches.

Mr Kirk

Branflakes cunt
They can shove their £10 up their arse, I’m not paying that.

Callum

TEF Member
I’ve never paid to watch a televised game in my life. But would pay a reasonable fee to watch our matches.
What would a reasonable fee be? I've never watched boxing but isn't their PPV between £15-£30 a match? I watched 8 matches this weekend and pay £25 a month for the privelege, if they do it PPV then illegal streams will be even more prevalent than they already are.

Mr Kirk

Branflakes cunt
What would a reasonable fee be? I've never watched boxing but isn't their PPV between £15-£30 a match? I watched 8 matches this weekend and pay £25 a month for the privelege, if they do it PPV then illegal streams will be even more prevalent than they already are.
I barely find it in me I watch our matches over the last few years, never mind anyone else. Apart from the major International tournaments, I haven’t Watched a non everton game for about 20 years.

Alan Partridge

TEF Member
Some of you would pay to watch these soulless games behind closed doors? They’re awful, nothing more than training ground matches. Add in the farcical VAR and it’s even less palatable.

McLovin

Love Islander who is shagging an ex-24 year old
Couple of stats I’ve seen on twitter tonight.

first time we’ve won our opening 4 domestic games since 78/79 season

84 shots on goal in the first 4 games.

thebluenose

TEF Member
Couple of stats I’ve seen on twitter tonight.

first time we’ve won our opening 4 domestic games since 78/79 season

84 shots on goal in the first 4 games.
14 goals in 4 games is also really good as well.

Let's hope this isnt yet another false dawn and the team can maintain this run as long as possible

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 6, Guests: 4)