• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Match Thread Fulham vs Everton - Sunday 1200 BBC

DannyEFC

Alan Myers
Must win.

If we lose, some of the idiots following us will start gunning for Carlo.

I don’t think it’ll be easy, but we should have too much for them. 1-2 Everton.

bluerinse

We have to win.

Some plums on twitter will start making noises about Carlo's future if we lose, which is clearly very premature but however it's dressed up, four straight defeats to Southampton, Newcastle, United and Fulham would be absolutely unacceptable. That should be 6 points out of 12 at absolute worst. These days I expect 10 at worst.

Anyway, I'm confident we will win here. Richarlison, so long as he's sound, will be a big boost.

My main intrigue is whether Carlo has worked on anything new over the break, or will it be much the same.

kev1

Mortgage Nonce/Football Dunce
Must win.

If we lose, some of the idiots following us will start gunning for Carlo.

I don’t think it’ll be easy, but we should have too much for them. 1-2 Everton.
Depends on Carlos set up. He’s deserved criticism for his selections over the last 2 games.

AngusYoung

TEF Member
Fulham are shocking defensively, struggle to score goals, so 2-0 to them.

Gylfi will have a lovely day out in West London though.

In all seriousness we need to be beating these but Craven Cottage is one of those grounds we tend to struggle at, we should have to much though if certain players aren't involved.

I'd go for:

Olsen
Coleman Keane Godfrey Digne
Holgate
Rodriguez Allan Iwobi Richarlison
DCL

aberonn

TEF Member
I'm hoping he doesn't play Holgate in central defence for this one. The lad has lots of strengths to his game, but his one weakness right now is aerial duels.
If you put him up against a beast like Mitrovic he's going to get dominated.

pablo_p

TEF Member
Pickford
Coleman - Mina - Keane - Digne
Doucoure - Allan - Gomes
James - - - DCL - - - Richarlison
Play that and we'll smash these.

bluerinse

Pickford
Coleman - Mina - Keane - Digne
Doucoure - Allan - Gomes
James - - - DCL - - - Richarlison
Play that and we'll smash these.

I wonder if Allan and Coleman are fit.

Knowing us there'll probably be at least one other returning from international duty with a knock as well.

pablo_p

TEF Member
I wonder if Allan and Coleman are fit.

Knowing us there'll probably be at least one other returning from international duty with a knock as well.

Sod's Law, isn't it?

I'm hoping it's Ancelotti having a quiet word in their ears, TBH.

TBH, though, even Kenny and Delph in for them will suffice as I genuinely think the difference is Richarlison. He keeps the RB stifled which allows us to free James up to drift in.Kenny's not a World beater, but he does have an engine on him and Delph has shown he'll do it for Ancelotti, TBF to him.

Thuck ma Baws

TEF Member
This is my favourite away day by a distance. I've not been too bothered about missing any of them so far, in fact I've quite enjoyed the break from going. But I'm gutted this one came when it's all closed off to fans, they'll be gone again next season so who knows when we'll get back there.

T1878

Love Islander
To make up for recent form and results, we really should be taking maximum points from the next three fixtures (Fulham, Leeds, Burnley).

Anything but a win on Sunday won't be good enough, and this season would begin to feel the same as recent years.

AngusYoung

TEF Member
Only just noticed this is 12:00 on Sunday, Gylfi will definitely have his slippers on strolling around Craven Cottage.

toffee_boy_andy

Love Islander
--------------------Pickford--------------------
Kenny-------Keane-------Holgate-------Digne
-----Doucoure------Allan---------Delph-------
Rodriguez-----------DCL-------------Richarlison

Think we're deffo weaker and more exposed down the right without Coleman. Whatever little time Carlo has with them over the next few days needs to be spent on working out how the midfield 3 (plus James and Richarlison) can give the full backs a bit more protection. If the front 3 are fit and ready, we'll deffo create chances.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)