• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Management Frank Lampard

T1878

Love Islander
I don't know if Lampard is actually a decent candidate or I've just talked myself into thinking that because other options are poor.

You can make a case for him but he's not without his drawbacks either.

Pretty much where I’m at. Even when Benitez was in charge and heading for the sack after disastrous results, I was just as nervous about the lack of available candidates as I was with our form.

But Lampard ticks some boxes. Pereira ticks none as far as I’m concerned.

Kyoto

TEF Member
Lampard may well be a fat flippity flop but he has more good points than any other candidates imo, Especially youth.

markymark

TEF Member
I would happily take Lampard at the end of the season knowing we are safe, I’m just not sure he should be the one coming in to try and keep us up.

I’ll probably be completely wrong and he’ll come in, get all the players on side, get us playing something that resembles football and win us a few games and we’ll all be saying what was all the panic about.

45rpm

TEF Member
I don't know if Lampard is actually a decent candidate or I've just talked myself into thinking that because other options are poor.

You can make a case for him but he's not without his drawbacks either.

I'm enjoying life in Stockholm Syndrome aswell

MartSlinger

Love Islander
I would happily take Lampard at the end of the season knowing we are safe, I’m just not sure he should be the one coming in to try and keep us up.

I’ll probably be completely wrong and he’ll come in, get all the players on side, get us playing something that resembles football and win us a few games and we’ll all be saying what was all the panic about.

Why mate, if you dont mind me asking?

markymark

TEF Member
Why mate, if you dont mind me asking?
The fact that both teams he’s managed have been filled with talent expecting to finish towards the top of the league, taking over before the start of a season, having chance to get a preseason in, look at the players he was working with and what they needed, granted he was restricted at Chelsea.

Here he’ll be getting thrown in at the deep end with a team littered with poor players lacking confidence with half a season to keep us up knowing that 40,000 Everton fans will be booing his every wrong move.

Last edited:

scott_efc

Doom-monger, bore and forum crank
You’d think for once Moshiri would just read the room. Think ok the fans would accept this guy pretty much on the whole. He’s positive and the media love him so that helps me out. Let’s do it.

MartSlinger

Love Islander
You’d think for once Moshiri would just read the room. Think ok the fans would accept this guy pretty much on the whole. He’s positive and the media love him so that helps me out. Let’s do it.

Not once, in the six years that he's been here has he made the logical choice, or the choice that makes sense. Never.

Gilroy

TEF Member
He's not the most inspiring of choices. But, we have to deal with the situation we're in. Positives for him are he plays 4-3-3, which will best suit our players. He will give younger players a go. He should also get instant buy in from the squad given his recent playing achievements.

I've seen it said that Morris is regarded as a good coach - likely to be his assistant. He should have decent pull in bringing players in. If we're appointing him, do it today, so he has a few days to bring a couple of players in.

Last edited:

superkevcampbell

Love Islander
Yers Frank, get out of the bin.

scott_efc

Doom-monger, bore and forum crank
He's not the most inspiring of choices. But, we have the deal with the situation we're in. Positives for him are he plays 4-3-3, which will best suit our players. He will give younger players a go. He should also get instant buy in from the squad given his recent playing achievements.

I've seen is said that Morris is regarded as a good coach - likely to be his assistant. He should have decent pull in bringing players in. If we're appointing him, do it today, so he has a few days to bring a couple of players in.
Agreed. It’s the logical choice at this stage. Which is why I’m currently trying to lay him on betfair. No way do we do the right thing.

Potrik

TEF Member
It’s got to be the best of a bad bunch at this point. Plenty of negatives against him but fuck me I’ll have him over that Pereira any day of the week.

markymark

TEF Member
Paddy power have suspended the betting completely by the looks of it.

Sky bet and Willhill have got Lampard at 1/5, the rest around evens.

Doesn’t mean a great deal as Pereira has been odds on since Sunday but does seem like some money in for Lampard in the last few hours

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)