• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Sport Football 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluerinse

It's absolutely not deliberate but it doesn't have to be anymore. That's the thing. I don't like it, but that's the law right now.

I just think this one is especially harsh. If it does touch his arm it's when somebody lashes it into him from a foot away, when he's going over having been fouled.

I also remember Liverpool being given a goal when it hit a hand. Against Man City iirc.

lichfieldblue

TEF Member
Jamie Redknapp didn't see the handball either.

Minutes of faux anger followed by "I didn't even see the handball, look. ... Oh yeah, it hits his elbow."

scott_efc

Doom-monger and Wayne Lineker fan
Terrible decision but seeing people saying it’s the worst decision from VAR so far. Nonsense. Our last minute winner chalked off against Utd is far far worse. By the rules it’s the correct decision. There’s no ambiguity in it.

bluerinse

The worst VAR decision was in the first game back. The non award of the goal at Villa.

It emerged afterwards that because the ball didn't go out of play, VAR could and should have intervened using camera footage.

But you know, they still haven't got their heads around using VAR.

BraintreeBlue

TEF Member
you cant blame VAR for that disallowed goal. Thats the stupid rule they introduced. It is however the one rule they have been remarkably consistent on all season so nobody can say they have been hard done by when everyone suffers.

Redknapps lets have common sense argument fails though as some teams seem to get more common sense than others. You leave it to intepretation again and you have Utd and the Shite getting even more pens and the rest of us on scraps.

lichfieldblue

TEF Member
you cant blame VAR for that disallowed goal. Thats the stupid rule they introduced. It is however the one rule they have been remarkably consistent on all season so nobody can say they have been hard done by when everyone suffers.

Redknapps lets have common sense argument fails though as some teams seem to get more common sense than others. You leave it to intepretation again and you have Utd and the Shite getting even more pens and the rest of us on scraps.
I agree. VAR worked perfectly here. If there was no VAR, the referee should have chalked it off if he'd have spotted it hit an arm.

The problem is the rules.

bluerinse

The way they waltzed into the crossing position and then there's one player, middle of the goal, 4 yards out and nobody is near him. Pathetic defending

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)