• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Sport Football 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

liquidfootball2

TEF Member
United apparently in the running for de Ligt with the Ajax man open to a move to OT.

They'll spend big to get him but his career will go down the toilet with Olé at the wheel, plus Europa league possibly for more than just a season imo - always a decent possibility Utd could get CL by winning the Europa though, may even be easier than top four in the prem.

Barca may target Griezemann and there are worries it'll leave them short of going after de Ligt too. I would think any player would have to be very careful of going to United right now - it would have to be purely for the wages.

Santi Cazorla back in the Spain squad. Fantastic.

Dolorous Edd

Lord Commander of the Nights Watch
United apparently in the running for de Ligt with the Ajax man open to a move to OT.

They'll spend big to get him but his career will go down the toilet with Olé at the wheel, plus Europa league possibly for more than just a season imo - always a decent possibility Utd could get CL by winning the Europa though, may even be easier than top four in the prem.

Barca may target Griezemann and there are worries it'll leave them short of going after de Ligt too. I would think any player would have to be very careful of going to United right now - it would have to be purely for the wages.
I don't know. There are some players who can drag a team up by its bootstraps. Not necessarily getting as much success as they would with other teams, but the right leader can still bring the best out of those around him. Gerrard, much as it pains me to admit, was probably worth a couple of league places to Liverpool most seasons he was there (with one wankworthy notable exception). Kompany seems to be a similar type, who can turn a group of mercenaries into something more like a cohesive team. If de Ligt is the real deal, as he seems to be, I imagine he'll find some degree of success no matter where he goes. Hope he lives up to his potential.

kev1

TEF Mortgage Broker - Love Islander
Charlton 1 up and 3-1 up on aggregate.
Looks like a repeat of the epic play off when Sunderland lost on pens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)