• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Rumour Fikayo Tomori (nomure)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluerinse

I would rather just develop Branflakes or Gibson, but it's not a surprising link given we came close to loaning him last season.

Considering he signed a new 5 year contract in December, you'd think it would be strictly a loan. A dry loan as the foreign transfer gimps call it.

T1878

Love Islander
Would be an underwhelming one. Arguably need more cover in that area, but he certainly doesn't raise the bar. I'd rather 'go with what we've got' unless we bring in someone with real quality who'd go straight into the eleven.

bluerinse

Another source going with it.

Could the timing of this indicate Holgate's injury is worse than we thought?

graeme

TEF Member
Id quite happily loan him as a cheap option hoping that our main 3 of 4 can go the season. Meaning more focus could be put into getting a decent right back.

bluerinse

Is he quick?

That's possibly the one attribute we lack, especially if Holgate misses a couple of months.

dedoododontdedo

TEF Member
I would rather just develop Branflakes or Gibson, but it's not a surprising link given we came close to loaning him last season.

Considering he signed a new 5 year contract in December, you'd think it would be strictly a loan. A dry loan as the foreign transfer gimps call it.

I would have thought branflakes and Gibson will be out on loan so they can play every week

Tomori might just sit on our bench instead of playing for Chelsea’s under 23s

GliOriginali

TEF Member
Big fan of Tomori me, absolutely rapid aswell.

Loan would be sound aslong as we had an option of a permanent at the end of it. Good centre half but still plenty of potential.

pablo

TEF Member

Why would we #finish one of our own young players when we could do it to a rival?

toffee_boy_andy

Love Islander
Is he gonna play though? Unless he was a significant upgrade, he’s likely to start behind Keane, Holgate and Mina at least.

Would have thought he could get a move to a lower PL team and get regular games.

Like mentioned, rather trust one of our youngsters. Gibson certainly has the physicality needed, just needs games.

RoyalBlueBoy

Probably a Love Islander
Judging by twitter, a lot of their fans think Zouma and Thiago Silva will be their first choice pair next season.
I'd be surprised if it isnt Thiago Silva and Rudiger. If we do get Tomori I hope we have a first option to buy or something in case he turns out good. Dont want us developing him for Chelsea to just either sell him for a big fee or whatever

T1878

Love Islander
He’s clearly 5th choice at Chelsea, but why that’s incentive enough to move to us a 4th choice just seems weird. As mentioned above, surely he’d go somewhere where he’d be guaranteed game time. I can’t see how he’d be getting those sorts of assurances here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)