• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Sport F1 thread

Walker

TEF Member
I hope he does well cause I think he's sound but I'm still struggling to understand the decision.
15 year career max, it's all about the ££££. These people can never get enough and his pay was tripled.

If he still drives well, anyone from Ferrari/Mercedes might still make him a driver if one of the currents drop out, probably more likely to move now he's away from Red Bull.

bluerinse

Just watched episode 4 and 5 of the Netflix thing.

As somebody who basically just watches the races, it was interesting to see the other things that go on. The bits with Horner and his French equivalent at team Renault were great.

bluerinse

Charlie Whiting gone then.

Was only walking the course at Melbourne yesterday.

Who will the drivers tell to look at passes they think are dodgy, now?

Wonder what tribute they'll do for him.

Last edited:

MLWEFC

Brexit slag
Almost forgot that practice would be starting later. 1am start. I think I'll stay up to have a nose at the new cars.

MLWEFC

Brexit slag
Seems like Ferrari strategy will be the same this season, show your pace 2 hours before qualy and hope your drivers are good enough to bank pole with only having 4 fast laps to master the track.

Didn't work for the last 2 technical directors, so I'm not sure why you would walk into the job and keep things as they are. If it's Vettel dictating things just get him told. I don't see why it would be though as he never did that at RB.

They might be quicker still but give yourself the best chance of nailing the lap when you need to. It's not rocket science.

I'm not complaining mind you, Hamilton was 9/4 to be fastest in practice and 2/1 to pole it (has done for the last 6 years) and he's now gone into 13/8.

toffee_boy_andy

Love Islander
They never normally hide pace in the longer race simulation sessions. Even on those today Ferrari were best part of 0.8 seconds behind Hamilton.

Don't expect that to be replicated over the course of the weekend, they'll be hiding some pace for sure. But unless they're sandbagging to extreme lengths, you'd expect Mercedes have a small edge.

MLWEFC

Brexit slag
They never normally hide pace in the longer race simulation sessions. Even on those today Ferrari were best part of 0.8 seconds behind Hamilton.

Don't expect that to be replicated over the course of the weekend, they'll be hiding some pace for sure. But unless they're sandbagging to extreme lengths, you'd expect Mercedes have a small edge.
There isn't any advantage to "sand bagging" in practice anyway. It's not like Mercedes aren't going to turn their engines up in quality and risk not getting a win.

You're either quick or you're not. It serves no purpose.

MLWEFC

Brexit slag
Absolutely depressing how far behind Ferrari are there. Australia is very different to most tracks like and Ferrari probably still have a fast car in the races but ffs.

Last edited:

dixies60

TEF Member
Hamilton on pole bottas second

I thought this season was going to be different same old same old so far. With the exception of one of the maclaren

bluerinse

I haven't watched any of it but the race could prove different.

Despite the 8 polls, Hamilton's only won 2 Aussie Grand Prix.

MLWEFC

Brexit slag
I haven't watched any of it but the race could prove different.

Despite the 8 polls, Hamilton's only won 2 Aussie Grand Prix.
It's the gap in times that worries me, basically exactly the same as last season.

Hopefully Ferrari have improved the race pace but eurgh.

toffee_boy_andy

Love Islander
Sainz is a respected driver. If Norris is ahead of him on a regular basis he’ll be talked of as another Le Clerc and in a top car within a couple of years.

Don’t recall the gap between Mercs and the rest being as big at the start of last season. Especially in the P2 race sims.

Only crumbs of comfort for Ferrari is that the Merc looks a bit too much of a handful to be pushing flat out for lap after lap. Ferrari looks a lot smoother, which will be more of an advantage in the races vs qualifying.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)