• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Match Thread Everton v Sunderland -13:30 Sun 1/11/2015

Floody

TEF Member
I can just see it now... Sunderland fresh from a 3 - 0 Derby win, new manager,rested, confident and up for it.
Everton with 1 point from three games, 120 minutes played in midweek with a scrambled and undeserved win against fucking Norwich, Howard in goal despite shite recent performances due to a stubborn manager who ignores the evidence in front of his own eyes.

You just know Allardyce will do a job on us and Tit Howard will come under pressure from set pieces and drop the inevitable clanger.

Two of the worst displays in my lifetime have come against Allardyce's teams:-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/4516330.stm

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...on-0-Worst-display-for-nine-years-moans-Moyes

1 - 1

kev1

Mortgage Nonce/Football Dunce
Sunderland were awful last week. Don't be fooled by the 3-0 score - they had 3 shots on target!
We go with 2 wingers and attack them and I can see a thrashing - but they will score.

Howard
Coleman Stones Mori Galloway
Barry McCarthy
Deulofeu Barkley Mirallas
Lukaku
4-1

Mike

Formerly Just Mike & Micky
First game of the season I'm really not sure I can be arsed going to, especially given the kick off time and it being on Sky.

kev1

Mortgage Nonce/Football Dunce
I can just see it now... Sunderland fresh from a 3 - 0 Derby win, new manager,rested, confident and up for it.
Everton with 1 point from three games, 120 minutes played in midweek with a scrambled and undeserved win against fucking Norwich, Howard in goal despite shite recent performances due to a stubborn manager who ignores the evidence in front of his own eyes.

You just know Allardyce will do a job on us and Tit Howard will come under pressure from set pieces and drop the inevitable clanger.

Two of the worst displays in my lifetime have come against Allardyce's teams:-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/4516330.stm

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...on-0-Worst-display-for-nine-years-moans-Moyes

1 - 1
Interesting reading those match reports - brings back some memories of how bad we could be under Moyes!!!

Comicbook Guy

Banned
Banned
I'll be at this game and expect nothing less than a comfortable win. Would like to see Gibson play as he's the only person who can pass a ball with any accuracy more than 20 yards

Consayblue22

TEF Member
Team I would play

Robles

Coleman Stones Mori Oviedo

Deulofeu Cleverley Barry Mirallas

Barkley

Lukaku

But the shithouse manager will play Howard, and McCarthy and Galloway will probably play as well. I would give Galloway a rest myself, he has been great but has looked knackered the last few weeks, and at home we should be attacking more, which Oviedo is better at than Galloway. Don't want the latter burning out either.

Adversus

Forum Gobshite
Banned
Is Baines back for this?

I hope he plays Mirallas, Deulofeu and Clev in midfield. We really have to drop the two defensive midfielders and one winger formation for these games. We need wins on the board.

pablo_p

TEF Member
I reckon we'll see:

Howard
Coleman - Stones - Mori - Galloway
McCarthy - Cleverley
Lennon - - - Barkley - - - Naismith
Lukaku
I know they're shit. But they're fresh off a 3-0 derby win, and have that anti-football fat pie in charge now. This won't be the stroll in the park everyone thinks it'll be, IMO.

Think we'll start shaky and then win, though.

Gwlidderer

TEF Member
I reckon we'll see:

Howard
Coleman - Stones - Mori - Galloway
McCarthy - Cleverley
Lennon - - - Barkley - - - Naismith
Lukaku
I know they're shit. But they're fresh off a 3-0 derby win, and have that anti-football fat pie in charge now. This won't be the stroll in the park everyone thinks it'll be, IMO.

Think we'll start shaky and then win, though.
As if he won't start Barry.

McLovin

Love Islander who is shagging an ex-24 year old
You've forgotten Barry. He'll surely come straight back in sadly

Ideally I'd like to see
Robles
Colemans Stones Mori Galloway
Gibson Cleverly
Deulofeu Barkley Mirallas
Lukaku

Give McCarthy and Barry a kick up the arse. Not sure Gibson could survive another game so soon after 120mins midweek.

I also wouldn't mind seeing Oviedo left back. Gives us more going forward than Galloway. Again though 120mins in the week may hinder that option

Kim Jong-un

TEF Member
Gibson probably needs another month off after putting in a 2 hour shift the other day.

Barry will absolutely play. The teamsheet might as well come out of the printer with him and Howard already named. It'd be much less effort to just cross their names out for cup matches and suspensions.

Xbob

Honorary Life Captain
Gibson probably needs another month off after putting in a 2 hour shift the other day.

Barry will absolutely play. The teamsheet might as well come out of the printer with him and Howard already named. It'd be much less effort to just cross their names out for cup matches and suspensions.
I think you can add McCarthy to that pre-printed teamsheet as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)