• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Match Thread Everton v Spurs 16/04/21 Friday k.o. 20:00

Consayblue22

TEF Member
There is just nothing enticing about watching us play at the moment. The football is absolute shite and half our squad don't look interested.

Seeing how Gbamin got on for the rest of the season might have held some interest but LOL at him.

Or if an exciting youngster was coming through, but Carlo probably wouldn't use them much anyway. End the season now

bluerinse

We finished Monday night's game with 11 available first team players...

Olsen, Coleman, Keane, Godrey, Digne, Davies, Holgate, Iwobi, James, Sigurdsson, Richarlison

So unless there's anybody back from injury, I think it's safe to assume that lot start the game and the bench is made up entirely of children.

The manager said after the Brighton game that DCL, Pickford, Allan, King and Gomes might be available for this, so here's hoping, but forgive me if I can't take injury news that comes from the club too seriously. The communication on the injury front is terrible.

Regardless, I think we've got our work cut out, we're not playing very well (especially at Goodison) and though Spurs haven't pulled up trees themselves this season, they'v got the firepower to get the job done here.

pablo_p

TEF Member
Got to hope for:

Olsen
Godfrey - Keane - Holgate
Coleman - - - - - - - - - - - Digne
Gomes - - - Allan
James - - - DCL - - - Richarlison​

Kyoto

TEF Member
"For sure, Pickford will be available, I hope Allan and Gomes will be available, Calvert-Lewin and Joshua King."

Ancelotti after Brighton.

The key word being hope, which is up for interpretation.
I won't get my hopes up while not flat out saying x is out so the opponents can't plan for it (which I assume is why he does this), It's really annoying as a fan to just see players not in the squad on match day without any information beforehand unless it's serious like JPG.

Mike

Formerly Just Mike & Micky
None of them will be back and there'll be another player who picked up a knock on Monday or in training and will miss it.

It's not going to be pretty at all. Spurs are grim as fuck too but it's hard to predict anything othern than a comfortable win for them, all things considered.

Mick Blue

Pervert & possible Love Islander
I’m out for a bevvy after work on Friday so doubt I’ll get to see any of this.

Good times.

Gwlidderer

TEF Member
As much as I'm struggling to see it happening at the moment, a win here would put us 2 points above them with a game in hand.

We'd be in a great position then to grab 7th spot and a possible place in Europe.

We have beaten them twice already this season so you never know.

Kyoto

TEF Member
As much as I'm struggling to see it happening at the moment, a win here would put us 2 points above them with a game in hand.

We'd be in a great position then to grab 7th spot and a possible place in Europe.

Al Pacino GIF

Hull Toffee

TEF Member

Much as I'd love us to get back into Europe we'd need a squad of about 100 in order to play two games a week plus the domestic Cup games.

No way most of this current bunch of fanny's would manage extra games without picking up various & many injuries.

kev1

Mortgage Nonce/Football Dunce. Reality TV overlord
................Olsen
Coleman Keane Godfrey Digne
.......Davies Allan Siggy
... Iwobi DCL Richarlison

Fuck knows what will happen but Spurs are in just as much a mess as us. If we sit back with 6 defenders again we haven’t got a chance!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)