• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Match Thread Everton v Southampton - Thur July 9th 6pm - Amazon Prime (free)

BraintreeBlue

TEF Member
Their away record is decent and Ings always seems to score at Goodison. Will be another hard fought game. Id be tempted to rest one of the front two like you say and also Holgate so he can fully recover. Give Sidibe a run out at right back and Baines at left back. Midfield is anyones guess.

FWIW id go

Pickford
Sidibe
Baines
Mina
Keane
Gomes
Davies
Gordon
Iwobi
Kean
Richarlison

pablo

TEF Member
Their away record is decent and Ings always seems to score at Goodison. Will be another hard fought game. Id be tempted to rest one of the front two like you say and also Holgate so he can fully recover. Give Sidibe a run out at right back and Baines at left back. Midfield is anyones guess.

FWIW id go

Pickford
Sidibe
Baines
Mina
Keane
Gomes
Davies
Gordon
Iwobi
Kean
Richarlison
I feel for Kean. He needs to learn quick to protect the ball. He's not getting balls in channels from our midfield anytime soon.

BraintreeBlue

TEF Member
I feel for Kean. He needs to learn quick to protect the ball. He's not getting balls in channels from our midfield anytime soon.
he would be better suited alongside DCL i think but he looked tired last night. Let DCL do all the running and Kean to play as a poacher.

toffee_boy_andy

Love Islander
I can’t even pick a midfield that I like. Be good to see Holgate and Gordon in it...

....................Pickford....................
Coleman....Keane....Mina....Digne
Gordon....Gomes....Holgate....Iwobi
...............DCL.....Richarlison...........

T1878

Love Islander
Pickford

Sidibe - Mina - Keane - Digne

Davies - Gylfi

Gordon

Moise Kean - DCL - Richarlison

bluerinse

Personally, I wouldn't be against Carlo watching a few games of ours in 433 or 4231 so he can learn whether that suits us more. However I think he will stick with 442, so...

----------------Pickford
Sidibe---Keane-----Mina------Baines
Bernard---Davies---Gylfi-----Gordon
------------Kean-----DCL-------------

Dishing out rests for Holgate, Digne, Gomes, Iwobi and Richarlison for a varierty of reasons.

Not that I'm underestimating Southampton, because they're a very good away side, but we can't keep flogging the same 11 in this hectic run.

BraintreeBlue

TEF Member
Personally, I wouldn't be against Carlo watching a few games of ours in 433 or 4231 so he can learn whether that suits us more. However I think he will stick with 442, so...

----------------Pickford
Sidibe---Keane-----Mina------Baines
Bernard---Davies---Gylfi-----Gordon
------------Kean-----DCL-------------

Dishing out rests for Holgate, Digne, Gomes, Iwobi and Richarlison for a varierty of reasons.

Not that I'm underestimating Southampton, because they're a very good away side, but we can't keep flogging the same 11 in this hectic run.
i never want to see 4231 again. silvas refusal to change from that formation was one of his biggest failings imo.

scott_efc

Doom-monger and Wayne Lineker fan
My 40 quid winnings for backing Spurs are going on us not to win this one. Gotta get some benefit from us being utter shite.

Mick Blue

Pervert & possible Love Islander
My 40 quid winnings for backing Spurs are going on us not to win this one. Gotta get some benefit from us being utter shite.
Fucking hell.

Go and have a wank lad.

Pickford

Keane Mina Branthwate

Richarlison Gordon Gomes Iwobi Digne

Kean DCL

That is assuming that Holgate is fucked. I'd also be tempted to put Beningami in for Iwobi as a DM and push Gordon and Gomes further forward

Hi Scott. Nice to see you back.

Mr Kirk

Forum food fraud
Looking forward to watching this with my breakfast bacon buttie with red sauce.

Floody

TEF Member
This will be the second of three games in six days so some of our players will need to be rotated.

Following the loss against Spurs and the threadbare nature of our squad, I think Europe is an unrealistic target now.Totally meaningless game for both sides on paper. However, Southampton proved by beating City that they have much more fight and desire than Everton do since the restart. They have an excellent away record but we are unbeaten at at home for 9 games.

I think S @scott_efc £40 is safe as I think Ing's is bound score and we won't score any more than one goal with our weakness in midfield.

Mick Blue

Pervert & possible Love Islander
We’ll beat these Tory twats.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)