• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Match Thread Everton v Southampton - Mon 1st March 8pm Sky Sports

bluerinse

These are in a bad spot at the moment, so really we should be beating them.

However, I've been burned so many times this season being confident in us, especially at home, there's a lingering feeling over this that we will probably not win.

They're a high tempo side in that midfield area, so we'll need to up for the battle in there. The Allan, Doucoure and Davies axis would be my 3 of choice, so long as they're fit and available. That balding twat Ings always scores against us as well, so we'll need to beware of him.

Last edited:

T1878

Love Islander
I’m glad some of the players and the manager have made a point of acknowledging how poor our home results have been in recent weeks.

If we can’t turn in a good performance after the Derby result, especially against a team without a win in 8, it’ll be a massive disappointment. We can’t complain about injuries or a lack of recovery time for this one either.

Kyoto

TEF Member
These lot done a number on Rodriguez last time and the goals we conceded were utter shite defensively but we didn't offer much going forward so they fully deserved the win. Allan has to come back for this one.

Ste

Little ray of sunshine
Go 433 like the start of the season with allan back in there and tom sitting rather than having gomes in the 3, get the fbs high and just go for the throat, godfrey at cb with keane as well.

T1878

Love Islander
Pickford

Godfrey - Holgate - Keane - Digne

Davies - Allan - Doucoure

James - DCL - Richarlison

I'm not convinced Davies will be as effective with Allan back in the side, but he deserves to start above others based on recent form. Gomes arguably gives that midfield three a better balance, but he's shown more impact off the bench in recent weeks (Leeds aside, where he did well from the start).

Floody

TEF Member
It's one of those seasons - who knows?
We haven't won at home in the league since mid December but have Southampton on one of the worst runs in their history next.
They haven't won at Goodison for 24 years.

Whenever I am feeling optimistic Everton let me down.
I am trying to convince myself I am not bothered and would trade a defeat to these for a win against City in the Cup.

bluerinse

If we do go with the Davies, Allen and Doucoure midfield trio, you'd think it would give license for Doucoure to get forward more.

We know he can be good at arriving in the box and popping up with goals, so that's what I would like to see him doing more if we're playing 2 'number 6' midfielders in Allan and Davies.

AngusYoung

TEF Member
If we do go with the Davies, Allen and Doucoure midfield trio, you'd think it would give license for Doucoure to get forward more.

We know he can be good at arriving in the box and popping up with goals, so that's what I would like to see him doing more if we're playing 2 'number 6' midfielders in Allan and Davies.
I'd like to see Davies playing central as he has been and Allan and Doucoure playing ahead of him.

AngusYoung

TEF Member
They always play a 442, play 3 in midfield win the midfield and control the game.

Hopefully the 3 isn't Davies, Gomea and Sigurdsson.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)