• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Match Thread Everton v Leicester City, Wednesday 1st July 2020, 6pm (Sky Sports)

bluerinse

He tore us apart and Carlo had to change it. He’s a quality player and we would love to have him.
You're joking, you have to be.

Tore apart?

Tore apart is Martial knocking in a hat trick against Sheff Utd.

He caused a very minor headache at best.

What did he actually do that makes you think he 'tore us apart'?

Gilroy

TEF Member
I do think Gomes gets away with some really poor performance. That time Chilwell just knocked the ball past him, most other players would have 10 pages of posts for that.
He's got some leeway currently because of his injury, which is fair. But, if I think back to his entire career to date at the club I think he's had a fair few more poor games, than he has had good. He doesn't impose himself on games at all.

Bluebru

Resident queer
Lol at people saying Maddison did nothing just because kev1 @kev1 fancies him
Maddison caused us all sorts of problems until we brought Davies on to give us another man in midfield

toffee_boy_andy

Love Islander
Bringing on Mina and loading the defence made me nervous, but I think it’s the legacy of shit managers not thinking about shape in midfield/attack when they make such changes. Coming to know to expect better from Carlo.

Also, VAR was desperate to not give us that penalty. 2 and a half minutes of scrutinising from every possible angle when it was blatantly obvious.

Mick Blue

Pervert & possible Love Islander
Can't argue with this, but don't let Rockafella hear you say anything nice about Davies.
Thought Davies was really good when he came on too.He showed discipline, endeavour and his ball retention was as good as I can remember. Plus he tried to drive us forward. Did well.

Dear me.

He did nothing.
He got Kev rigid for the first time in a long time.

Mick Blue

Maddison caused us all sorts of problems until we brought Davies on to give us another man in midfield
I thought he looked dangerous and was probing for the best part of 15 minutes until Carlo slammed the door in his face.

He certainly didn’t tear us apart.

BraintreeBlue

TEF Member
id say tactically it gave us a few problems but i cant remember him doing anything to hurt us. no real shots of note, no chances created i can remember. couple of dribbles with shots to nowhere at end. once mina came on you never really saw him again.

Bluebru

Resident queer
I thought he looked dangerous and was probing for the best part of 15 minutes until Carlo slammed the door in his face.

He certainly didn’t tear us apart.
id say tactically it gave us a few problems but i cant remember him doing anything to hurt us. no real shots of note, no chances created i can remember. couple of dribbles with shots to nowhere at end. once mina came on you never really saw him again.
If Bernard had come on and done what Maddison did then everyone on here would be wanking themselves silly over it
As it was though I agree that as soon as Mina also came on and we had the extra numbers back then he was done in the game

Mick Blue

If Bernard had come on and done what Maddison did then everyone on here would be wanking themselves silly over it
As it was though I agree that as soon as Mina also came on and we had the extra numbers back then he was done in the game
Don’t think anyone’s arguing that he looked threatening but what did he actually do to tear us apart? Shots? Force the keeper into great saves? Goals? Set any big chances up?

Nope.

Plus he wears a hair band.

kev1

Mortgage Nonce/Football Dunce
Maddison was tearing us apart for 20 minutes and Carlo then changed it. Davies did a good man to man job on him.
He’s class and we would love to have him in our side.

IRISHBLUE101

Global Moderator
Just came on to say we were lucky that Maddison is out injured for a couple of weeks and didn’t play. kev1 @kev1

BraintreeBlue

TEF Member

Thats something that baffles me as well. dont get the love for him at all.

Mick Blue

Iwobi tore Leicester apart too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)