• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Match Thread Everton v Leicester City, Wednesday 1st July 2020, 6pm (Sky Sports)

bluerinse

Tough game, but all the pressure is on them after the restart they've had.

Hopefully we'll be fresher than them and ready to put in a performance as we look to end the season strongly.

Mina and/or Delph might be back for this. Would they make your team, or would you stick with what we've seen so far?

T1878

Love Islander
Midfield desperately needs an injection of pace, but not sure we’ve got the personnel to provide it. I know it’s very unlikely we’ll move away from 4-4-2 at this stage in the season, but I’d play;

Pickford

Coleman - Keane - Holgate - Digne

Gomes - Siggurdsson

Richarlison - Iwobi - Bernard

DCL​

Floody

TEF Member
I think we will try to defend deep as we did against Liverpool to prevent Vardy running in behind.
As they are in a Champion's league spot Leicester have more at stake than us and still have to face Arsenal, Spurs and United on their run in.

I remember the dire New Years day fixture last season when Claude Puel was in charge and we lost 0 - 1.
Just looked up the BBC report to see if it was as bad as I remember and came across this:-
"Poor advert for the Premier League
The first 15 minutes of a forgettable first half were farcical. Two teams, laden with millions of pounds of talent, could barely hold on to possession for more than a few seconds.
Vardy's 58th-minute goal was one of the few highlights of a turgid affair. "

I expect a similar awful game on Wednesday, as most of the behind closed doors games have been, with 0 - 0 at half time and Leicester edging it 0-1 in the end.

Mug

TEF Member
Their midfield is their strongest area all about energy and movement. A pairing of Gomes and Sigurdsson would get walked all over.

Definitely need Davies or Delph for this.

RickyMartin

TEF Member
Don’t think people realise they have only won 4 out of their last 14 Premier League games, they have been dreadful since the start of December. They are clinging on to a Champions League place like we did in 04/05.

We will beat them.

bluerinse

I agree, a midfield of Gomes and Sigurdsson is too slow to play against these.

We've seen time and time again in the last few years that any 2 of Gomes, Sigurdsson and Schneiderlin (when he was here) doesn't cover the ground quick enough.

Davies was dreadful against Norwich so maybe it's time for Delph, but I think I'd probably pick Davies again because Delph is sure to be rusty and I'd always be cautious on rushing anybody with his injury record back.

bluerinse

Don’t think people realise they have only won 4 out of their last 14 Premier League games, they have been dreadful since the start of December. They are clinging on to a Champions League place like we did in 04/05.

We will beat them.
But then again it wouldn't be like us to lose against a side that's low on confidence and desperate for a win, would it!?

mr_pib

TEF Member
The Leicester-Palace game is going ahead apparently. Not sure how them travelling up here & Palace going there counts as “essential travel”.

Daz1

Brian Labone
If I was a player from our team I'd refuse to play and I'd expect my club to protect me in all honesty, family matters more than football.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 9, Guests: 1)