• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Match Thread Everton v Leicester City, Wed 27/1/21, 8.15pm

bluerinse

Feels like a huge game for us, especially with no Doucoure.

Do Digne and Iwobi come back in, if fit?

They're without Vardy but Ian Nacho has scored against us before and Maddison is on a streak of goalscoring.

Kyoto

TEF Member
They'll play Barnes or Ian Nacho up front, I know we're missing Doucoure but it'll be shocking if we don't beat these without Vardy.
Iwobi has to come in if he's fit, Digne well I'll leave that to Carlo, We might need a bit of defensive force considering we're gonna be with Davies and Gomes in CM.

I think we will go

T-Rex

60k Yerald Big Mick God

Davo

Richy Gomesh Wobes "The Werlds best LB"

Fashion man

Or similar​

Mike

Formerly Just Mike & Micky
Don't think Bodge rates Nacho, rather would have more movement up there.

They struggled for a good while against Brentford yesterday, so we're more than capable of keeping them quiet for 90. It's just our central midfield that is the obvious big worry.

Don't think Bodge rates Nacho, rather would have more movement up there.

They struggled for a good while against Brentford yesterday, so we're more than capable of keeping them quiet for 90. It's just our central midfield that is the obvious big worry.
Cbs No GIF by HULU

T1878

Love Islander
What I want to see, isn't what I expect to see. My team would be;

Olsen

Keane - Mina - Godfrey

Iwobi - Gomes - Holgate - Digne

James

DCL - Richarlison

But I think we'll see a side containing Pickford, Davies and Sigurddsson.

bluerinse

I can't make up my mind up whether Iwobi comes back in for Sigurdsson, allowing James to float while Iwobi keeps the width wide right.

It's what I would do but Sigurdsson seems to play more often than not.

T1878

Love Islander
I can't make up my mind up whether Iwobi comes back in for Sigurdsson, allowing James to float while Iwobi keeps the width wide right.

I'd be amazed if Sigurdsson doesn't start. We'll probably keep the same shape as last night with Davies coming in for Doucoure. Keane will definitely start too, I think Digne is probably the biggest question mark.

Iggy

Love Islander
Pickford

Godfrey Keane Mina Digne

Holgate
Rodriguez ----- Gomes

Iwobi ------------ Richarlison
DCL​

boris

TEF Member
Pickford

Godfrey Keane Mina Digne

Holgate
Rodriguez ----- Gomes

Iwobi ------------ Richarlison
DCL​
That's what I'd probably pick if it was up to me although I'd switch Rodriguez and Iwobi.

I'd leave James where he is and I think I Iwobi will prove to be better centrally in the long term.

Kyoto

TEF Member

He really should it was potent against Wolves.

Badboy07

TEF Member
That's what I'd probably pick if it was up to me although I'd switch Rodriguez and Iwobi.

I'd leave James where he is and I think I Iwobi will prove to be better centrally in the long term.
I’ve never seen godfrey play centre midfield but he did apparently play there for a season at a lower level.

He may be a better choice albeit holgate had trouble with Harvey Barnes he is very powerful but I think Godfrey will give him a taste of his own medicine, so perhaps it’s best but I’d defo play them both in whatever capacity along with iwobi.

We need as much pace and power to help James & iwobi has this and also seems to have quickly developed an understanding with him

markymark

TEF Member
Taking 6 points from both games against these could be massive come the end of the season when you think they’ll probably be more than likely in the mix for the top 5/6 themselves.

Add to that 3+ points against Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea and there’s no reason to think we can’t be pushing for the top 4.

We just need to stop having brain farts against teams like Leeds and West Ham at home.

markymark

TEF Member
Oh and if the shite lose against Spurs and we do beat Leicester, we’ll be above them with 2 games in hand. Freaky shit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)