• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Match Thread Everton v Brentford Sunday 15th May k.o. 16.30

Floody

TEF Member
Burnley and Leeds will have played their next game by the time this kicks off.

We could be in the bottom three or one point from safety.

No idea what the line up will be. Does Frank stick with the same team, many of whom are running on empty, or
try to freshen things up?

Brentford have only lost one of the last 5, so won’t be the pushovers many assume.

Stop Eriksen, Stop Brentford

bluerinse

I don't think anybody assumes Brentford will be pushovers, do they? People might fancy us to win against Brentford at home, which is fair enough I think but nobody is dismissing them, imo.

You obviously want to worry about things we can control more than what others do, but when they schedule the kick offs in such a way as Sunday...

Burnley play at Spurs at 12.
Leeds play Brighton at 2.
Us against Brentford at 4.30.

It's difficult not to be looking at the other results and I think how those 2 fixtures before us go will determine the way we view this game as fans (and maybe to a degree how the players/management view it - even if they won't admit it).

I suspect it's the Leeds result most will be looking at, as they have 2 games left to play going into this weekend, whereas ourselves and Burnley have 3. So if they get beat and we need a essentially need a point to stay up (Leeds horrendous goal difference) that will probably get the crowd going, regardless of what Burnley have done.

I would be very surprised if both Leeds and Burnley won to leave us in the bottom 3 come kick off but it's also not impossible. Spurs have a huge game tonight they'll have to put a lot into and Leeds know that their final home game is absolutely must win.

So there's all that before we even kick off.

Taking this game in isolation, I think we will probably set up in a similar way, although I would like to see us return to a 433.

The players do have a little but more rest time than they had between Leicester and Watford, so hopefully that extra night's kip in comparison makes all the difference to how fresh we are.

T1878

Love Islander
Will be a tough game this. They have nothing to play for, but are really enjoying their debut season in the division.

As much as I dislike the formation, it makes sense to persist with five at the back. They play with two up-front and we can’t trust Keane to go man-for-man with Toney.

I would imagine Allan comes in for the injured/tired Delph. That might be the only change we make.

I would certainly be starting DCL with Richarlison off the left. Gordon for an hour before bringing on Gray. Would be good to get Iwobi playing more centrally, but he’s our only real option at right wing-back.

Floody

TEF Member
These were the teams in the FA Cup Game for Frank’s first game in charge.

I can see at least 8 or 9 of our line-up that day starting on Sunday.

Formation: 3-4-3​
Formation: 3-5-2
Pickford
D Raya​
Holgate​
K Ajer​
Keane​
P Jansson​
(Mina, 13') Godfrey​
MB Sørensen​
© S Coleman​
M Roerslev​
Allan​
M Jensen​
Gomes​
C Nørgaard​
(Kenny, 73') Mykolenko​
V Janelt​
(Townsend, 73') Gordon​
R Henry​
(Iwobi, 88') Gray​
S Canós​
(Tosun, 88') Richarlison​
I Toney​

bluerinse

Unfortunately they're a different side from that we dicked in the cup.

I really thought they would go down having seen them that day but they've done really well to get themselves out of it.

The signing of Eriksen was priceless.

Hull Toffee

TEF Member
Unfortunately they're a different side from that we dicked in the cup.

I really thought they would go down having seen them that day but they've done really well to get themselves out of it.

The signing of Eriksen was priceless.
Yeah, unlike our January business...

Anyways..... 1-1 for our game & just hope Brighton do a number on Leeds.

Last edited:

Potrik

TEF Member
Every game feels massive now.

If Leeds lose then I’ll take any kind of draw. Just anything to keep us up.

kev1

Mortgage Nonce/Football Dunce - U23s expert
If Leeds lose then a draw keeps us up!

…….Pickford
Coleman Holgate Keane Myko
….Doucoure Delph Iwobi
…Gordon DCL Richarlison

bluerinse

Lots of posts were deleted due to some kind of error but Lampard confirmed Delph is out.

Godfrey and VDB are a maybe.

No other news reported.

Buggrit Hall

TEF Member
How low have we fallen that some will be happy with, or even worse hoping for, a point at home to fucking Brentford.

kev1

Mortgage Nonce/Football Dunce - U23s expert
How low have we fallen that some will be happy with, or even worse hoping for, a point at home to fucking Brentford.
Almost to the fucking championship!!!
If a point means we survive I will be delighted.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)