• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Everton to wear Umbro from the 2014/15 Season onwards

The Nike Deal

Loads of rumours that it is going to be cut short.

Not sure if this is 2+2=5 stuff due to the badge etc.....

Anyone heard owt?

jester

TEF Member
Where is this from Snoop?

I did see a couple of rumours about Warrior looking at taking over, hard to believe though for obvious reasons.

More internet rumours than anything Jester. Nowt concrete. So don't know if there is anything in it!

Personally think Nike have been poor. Was really excited when we got them as a kit manufacturer, but their kits have by and large been poor and they want to force their muscle.

If Warrior happened, it would be good for money - Awful on the whole for design. Would prefer adidas.

dixies60

TEF Member
Was it down to Nike the badge got changed the first time?

If it was then it was all for nothing and we should go back to the original badge

If it was then it was all for nothing and we should go back to the original badge

I dont think it was all them, although rumours it was to make it easier to apply to the shirts

pasta_bastard

TEF Member
im not arsed who makes the kits as long as they design them well enough. they can fuck off if they think they can have any other input apart from just designing the kit. they dont have much originality anyway as most of the kits they make look the same apart from colours and the odd extra bits for each team, if any.

Marc

Sheik 'n Stevens
Were on a Nike Teamwear deal, that's the problem.
Notice Nike don't even list us on their footy website....

When we left Le Coq, it looks like Kitbag went straight to Nike ,
Nike said they'll give us a chance and we snapped their hands off.

The fatties complaining about their lack of 5XL... The lack of kiddy kits...
All that's probably down to hindsight that Nike don't want to make the effort or risk.

Its a good deal for a Chumpionship or Unibond team... Not for us!

Have a look at the other Nike clubs... City, Man U, Barca... All of them have "Nike Leisurewear" beyond usage of their clubs old crests (ala Heritage collection)...

Last edited:

Walker

TEF Member

I think it definitely was to be honest. Surely not just a coincidence that United and City went to like stick on crests this season and Arsenal had it done a while back.

Tommy

Kit wise I think they've done quite well, I've been impressed with them.
However, if it comes down to us earning millions more having kits made by whomever then Nike then the former wins every time.

A

Aitch

I doubt with the current board in olace they'll never get it fucking right. We've consistently been up there with the best in the league and we cant get near them financially with kit deals is beyond a fucking joke

Marc

Sheik 'n Stevens
Check out the other -----> Nike teams <----- (Crudly put together comparision photie uploaded on imageshack)
  • Barca = Heavy outside stitching
  • Man Ure = Empty space
  • Citteh = Added background
Profit = Good presentation = Quality Crest.
In other words, pushy Nike rumours sound like B.S to me.
Yes, there is less stitching compared to the last LCS kits, but there's also a slightly different style too.

Looking back at the Crest criteria...
Far Left
Missing: Motto, Wreath(s),
Fucked up: Shield.
Not well thought of: Two-Tone Blue (sending mixed messages?).
Tweak: Tower - Its accurate, simple and easy to produce, but the Vinyl effect ruins it (so much!)
Far Right
Missing: Nothing!
Fucked up: The Criteria!
Not very well thought of: Does the Motto really need to be in a Banner?
Tweak: Positioning... make it look less "busy".
Central: A crude look at how you might solve the problems of the Previous two Crests.
The Motto, Wreath, and Tower are apparently the biggest problems when everything starts to get smaller.

(If your not already sick of my posting Blue Liverbird mock-ups, then you can click here)
[Few things I'm dubious about is the reproduction of the Cross (which should be Blue and White striped) and the Lancashire Rose.]
{If your wondering about the Liverbird footballs... Well, one can represent St. Domingo at 1878 and the other could be Everton at 1879 without any numbers to confuse people :p }

Last edited:

bourneblue

TEF Member
Every time we change our kit supplier there's uproar,from puma,umbro,lcs,now nike.
Many posters were complaining at lack of kit sales with umbro and lcs and claiming that with nike we'd sell more due to nike being a high profile brand. Not so it would appear.
L.C.S. produced some nice kits and a good range of leisure wear,we will not compete with Barcelona,Real Madrid,Man utd etc for volume sales,irrespective of our kit supplier.

efc_greg

TEF Member
Every time we change our kit supplier there's uproar,from puma,umbro,lcs,now nike.
Many posters were complaining at lack of kit sales with umbro and lcs and claiming that with nike we'd sell more due to nike being a high profile brand. Not so it would appear.
L.C.S. produced some nice kits and a good range of leisure wear,we will not compete with Barcelona,Real Madrid,Man utd etc for volume sales,irrespective of our kit supplier.

i think if sales are not that good with nike its due to the fact that we get teamwear kits and they look gash yet they cost the same as man u, arsenal barca etc.

Marc

Sheik 'n Stevens

DannyMc

TEF Member
Everton are set to ditch Nike at the end of the season and will be getting a new kit supplier.

Rumours are Umbro are the preferred choice and the club want an all blue strip with a collar and buttons and obviously will be sporting our new badge.

Heres some of the other potential kit manufacturers on the market :

Yonex - Tennis brand rumoured to be branching into the football market.
Warrior Sports - Produce tailor made kits and are creative and original in recreating clubs heritage and identity in there apparel....they're not for everyone though and some stuff is abit OTT!
Adidas - Kit supplier for half the league now. Great brand but sunday league template kits all the way with the exception of their marquee teams.
Puma - Shit, catalogue template kits that don't even look good
Macron - Cheap, tacky nasty Italian brand. Currently do villa's gastly efforts.
Under Armour - Produce original creative designs whilst capturing the clubs identity
Mi-Fit - Wigans awful kit supplier
Fila/ Diadora/ Cabrini - JD Sports kit deal, mostly for league 1/2 clubs like Oldham, Bury, Rochale, Tranmere etc!

(Lotto, Canterbury, Le Coq Sportif and Kappa are not currently focusing on football kit manufacturing despite doing so in the past, so are no starters!)

Last edited:

kev1

Mortgage Nonce/Football Dunce
I've been very disappointed with Nike - for years they make great kits and we get then and they are just crap.

Marc

Sheik 'n Stevens
It should be kept simple.

The Brand who offers the most cash, and presents their effort that best.
The deal from Nike was a "Teamwear" one all the way through.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)