• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Match Thread Everton 1 v 5 Atalanta. Is this rock bottom?

Quinnylad

TEF Member
Really wanted unsworth to do well but his team selections are baffling, his tactics are poor and his substitutions just poor. Added to that the utter shite that Williams, Keane Rooney, klassen, sandro, Davies and most of the other players are producing I can see no way forward, without some serious changes in both management and players. We need to be fuckin ruthless in January and Fuck most of these useless cunts off and bring in replacements. Never thought dark days like these would ever be back at Goodson

kev1

Mortgage Nonce/Football Dunce
Was a nothing game where we all expected a defeat but fuck me.

What the fuck is going on?

Get Tuchel in now. If we’re willing to spend £20M buying Silva out then we can afford a huge signing on fee for Tuchel.

Kenwright’s incompetence will destroy this club.

Hopefully the Bramley Moore announcement edges Moshiri closer to full control.

Are you for real Pab?? Get Tuchel in?? Why would a top European manager want to join a shower of shit who are in a relegation fight??

I thought it was feb that we would be going in for Fat Sam again but it could be tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bluerinse

I know this was a meaningless game but (mainly down to pure luck) we'd just started to pick up results and hopefully some confidence.

Then that.

That result was the last thing we needed.

The only positive was Sandro scoring, but we even fucked that up by making his goal completely insignificant.

Some of those cunts can fuck off.

pablo_p

TEF Member
Are you for real Pab?? Get Tuchel in?? Why would a top European manager want to join a shower of shit who are in a relegation fight??

I thought it was feb that we would be going in for Fat Sam again but it could be tomorrow!

If it was the league then yeah I’d probably agree.

The signs aren’t promising I’ll concede that; but we’re a couple of wins off relative safety.

We all knew we were getting beat. The decision to play that many faces after all of them being out or new saw to that. I said atvthe beginning of this we needed wholesale changes to preserve ourselves for thw league.

It was idiotic to play Rooney and Keane as they’re first teamers on the weekend and they’ll be fucked after that.

Tuchel could be prised away with fat bank and the promise of buying a team of his design.

bluerinse

Worst part about is they're not even a good side. Mid table infact.

Absolutely spanked us twice, 8-1 on aggregate ffs.

Probably bought the two worst performances of the season out of us too.

BraintreeBlue

TEF Member
meaningless game
virtually no fans there
majority of that side wont start sunday..

its far from rock bottom. yes it was very bad but just needs forgetting about now.

pablo_p

TEF Member
meaningless game
virtually no fans there
majority of that side wont start sunday..

its far from rock bottom. yes it was very bad but just needs forgetting about now.

Exactly this.

Furious as anyone. But it was a dead rubber.

Main concern is the effect it could have on them.

Should have aired on the side of caution and played loads of kids, though. Was obvious that we weren’t winning that.

bluerinse

Unsworth has battered the players in the press conference -

DU "I asked the players to make it difficult for me to leave them out and the majority have made it easy for me."

DU: "Those players who've been moaning or asking for opportunities were given that tonight. I stressed beforehand we must compete for the paying fans and the way we capitulated at the end was not acceptable."

DU: "We can't concede the way we have done in the last ten minutes, it's unacceptable. I'm really disappointed."

DU: "When we look at individuals and combinations of defenders, we just seem to be conceding really easy goals. Teams aren't having to work hard or score wonder goals."

DU: "The goals we're conceding are really poor defensive goals. It's a team effort, we've said that from the start. Tonight was not acceptable."

DU: "The players are a little fragile at the moment so we have to be careful. I've learned a few things about a few players tonight."

DU: "We're asking players to run and play harder, to get to the ball quicker than they're used to. Some can and some can't. You can't carry players. When you're best player on the night is 18, it tells you everything you need to know."

DU: "I'd love to think every single player is hurting like I am. If they're not, they shouldn't be here at this great club. The minimum requirement is 100% desire."

DU: "In the league games we've done okay, the spirit and desire is there, you wouldn't come back in games if it wasn't. Tonight is a shock, the manner of the last 10 minutes is unacceptable. I stand firm and repeat I give my all for this club."

DU: "I take responsibility but when the players step over the line they have to take it too. I have learned some things about the players that played tonight, if they're not hurting like I am they shouldn't be here."

BraintreeBlue

TEF Member
Exactly this.

Furious as anyone. But it was a dead rubber.

Main concern is the effect it could have on them.

Should have aired on the side of caution and played loads of kids, though. Was obvious that we weren’t winning that.

only positive is if it has ended the everton careers of some of them. from his interview it looks like it may have done.

Bluebru

Resident queer

DU "I asked the players to make it difficult for me to leave them out and the majority have made it easy for me."

DU: "Those players who've been moaning or asking for opportunities were given that tonight. I stressed beforehand we must compete for the paying fans and the way we capitulated at the end was not acceptable."

DU: "We can't concede the way we have done in the last ten minutes, it's unacceptable. I'm really disappointed."

DU: "When we look at individuals and combinations of defenders, we just seem to be conceding really easy goals. Teams aren't having to work hard or score wonder goals."

DU: "The goals we're conceding are really poor defensive goals. It's a team effort, we've said that from the start. Tonight was not acceptable."

DU: "The players are a little fragile at the moment so we have to be careful. I've learned a few things about a few players tonight."

DU: "We're asking players to run and play harder, to get to the ball quicker than they're used to. Some can and some can't. You can't carry players. When you're best player on the night is 18, it tells you everything you need to know."

DU: "I'd love to think every single player is hurting like I am. If they're not, they shouldn't be here at this great club. The minimum requirement is 100% desire."

DU: "In the league games we've done okay, the spirit and desire is there, you wouldn't come back in games if it wasn't. Tonight is a shock, the manner of the last 10 minutes is unacceptable. I stand firm and repeat I give my all for this club."

DU: "I take responsibility but when the players step over the line they have to take it too. I have learned some things about the players that played tonight, if they're not hurting like I am they shouldn't be here."
That’s fucking brilliant to be honest
Hopefully he fucks all the lazy disinterested cunts off
I’d rather he played any of the u23s than most of those fucking over privileged over paid cunts who think they have a god given right to wear the shirt

BraintreeBlue

TEF Member
Here’s hoping.

Get to 40 points and shift every fucking bit of deadwood and start fresh.

I fucking hate Koeman for this. Useless bomb headed cunt.

it goes deeper than koeman. i was anti koeman from the start as i didn't think he was a very good manager but you cant lay all the blame for this at his door.

This needs a 100% review from the very top down. nobodies job should be safe.

the time has come to start appointing people who know what they are doing. get a director of football with a proven track record in that role not as a scout.

get coaches who have proven to be good coaches and whose major skill is not they used to play for us.

recruit to a system rather than just buying multi million pound players with no idea how to use them.

bluerinse

I’d rather he played any of the u23s than most of those fucking over privileged over paid cunts who think they have a god given right to wear the shirt

He can talk the talk but I don't think he can go blameless himself.

Yes, the players have been a gang of cunts tonight but he's had half a dozen games now and we're looking bad every match.

graeme

TEF Member
He can talk the talk but I don't think he can go blameless himself.

Yes, the players have been a gang of cunts tonight but he's had half a dozen games now and we're looking bad every match.

He does say in the last paragraph that he does take responsibility.

kev1

Mortgage Nonce/Football Dunce

I like that - sounds like Beni will be playing on Sunday and the rest can fuck off.

T1878

Love Islander

Is it brilliant though? Or is he hiding behind his own ineptitude as a manager. If he’s as big a blue as he claims to be, he’d stop championing himself for a job he’s clearly not cut out for.

Might be a touch harsh, but the results whilst he’s been in charge have been absolutely shocking, let’s not pretend otherwise.

pablo_p

TEF Member
it goes deeper than koeman. i was anti koeman from the start as i didn't think he was a very good manager but you cant lay all the blame for this at his door.

This needs a 100% review from the very top down. nobodies job should be safe.

the time has come to start appointing people who know what they are doing. get a director of football with a proven track record in that role not as a scout.

get coaches who have proven to be good coaches and whose major skill is not they used to play for us.

recruit to a system rather than just buying multi million pound players with no idea how to use them.

Kenwright simply HAS to go. He won’t be for the good of the club he needs to fuck off.

In terms of playing staff, another overhaul is needed:

Williams, Jagielka, Baines, Schneiderlin, Klaassen, Rooney all need to go. Baines and Jags just for age - the rest “coz shite”.

Put everything into keeping Barkley. Don’t care what anyone says or how divisive he is. Just look at us without him.

For me, the team needs to be:

Pickford
Coleman - Keane - Mori - ?????
Gueye - ?????
Bolasie - - - Barkley - - - ?????
?????

Assuming Barkley’s off and we can do better than Keane & Mori - we have 4 good first team players.

Potentially 7 first team players needed minimum. A CB, LB and CF in jan would be a good start.

Squad size is healthy; but the quality isnt there for the most part.

Also, IMO, the majority of this is on Koeman. Sold Lukaku and was happy to bring in a sub par fatty in Rooney. Spent half of the Lukaku fee on Sigurdsson - who’s been shit. Klaassen at 20-5M is Looking worse by the day. Keane I was happy with - but just look at him. And Pickford I’m beginning to think is cursed. Because as good ad he is, he only ever faces loads of shots and concedes loads of goals. Martina and Williams can get to fuck. And Schneiderlin. And the Barkley situation under him was/is disgusting.

People can have their pops at Walsh etc. justifiably. But this is his squad. And it’s dire.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)