• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

On Loan Ellis Simms - Loaned to Blackpool

Any chance he will get minutes in the final match?

Something to end the season on a high with

Mick Blue

Pervert & possible Love Islander
Hope so. Would like to see him come off the bench for half an hour or so.

Ste lucas

Knows where The Titanic hotel is.
Rumors going round that he's going to start up top with DCL. Richarlison pushed wide v Bournemouth.

Kean either must be injured or not liked

Kean has a knock from what I heard

Romeo Sensini

TEF Member
Hope it's true, it's a nothing game for us and all the pressure is on Bournemouth, perfect opportunity to give him a game, if he gets a goal it'll be a great end to a shit season and give us some optimism. See how long it lasts coz if he doesn't break double figures in the first six games there will be calls to loan him to the championship.

bluerinse

Going to a club near the bottom of league 1. Perhaps the offers from the championship just weren't there though.

Championship is a pretty good level, think the lad would struggle there.

From what I have seen he has a lot to learn. If he proves himself there, you could see a Championship side taking him next season, perhaps.

Edit - Blackpool gave us a good game in pre-season and knocked out West Brom in the FA Cup the other day. I've just had a look at the league one table and while they're bottom half, they've got games in hand. Playoffs won't be out of reach there.

I think it's a decent move and hopefully will really test him. He needs to be playing proper mens competitive football. 6 months there, then a better team next season.

dr lee

TEF Member
I watched the u23 Derby the other night and thought the standard was really poor to be honest so this move will be a big step up for him if that was anything to go by. Simms looked like he really comes alive when there's a sniff of a goal but probably needs to work on the rest of his game.

Mike

Formerly Just Mike & Micky
Championship is a pretty good level, think the lad would struggle there.

From what I have seen he has a lot to learn. If he proves himself there, you could see a Championship side taking him next season, perhaps.
I think most sides in the championship are absolute crap, so we'll have to agree to disagree there.

I don't really watch the U23s and he's not played anywhere near enough for the 1st team to make a judgement, so league 1 might be his level, I don't know.

Romeo Sensini

TEF Member
Hopefully the start of a clear pathway into the first team, rather than the first of a bunch or pointless loans which are of no benefit to him or us, leading to his massive potential being wasted.

Kyoto

TEF Member
It's a start, Not surprised some Championship teams didn't ask for him it's mid season and I doubt many are looking for a kid who's only played u23's football.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)