• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Dynamo Kiev v Everton, Thurs 19th March

Rich

CDPA Panelist (like jon)
Everton
Birmingham City
Aston Villa
Cardiff City
Portsmouth
Swansea City
Middlesbrough
Leicester City
Tottenham Hotspur
Blackburn Rovers
Wigan Athletic

Spot the odd one out.

kev1

Mortgage Nonce/Football Dunce
Everton
Birmingham City
Aston Villa
Cardiff City
Portsmouth
Swansea City
Middlesbrough
Leicester City
Tottenham Hotspur
Blackburn Rovers
Wigan Athletic

Spot the odd one out.
Wigan, Middlesbrough, Portsmouth, Birmingham, Blackburn, Cardiff - they've all been in a cup final and been relegated!

Xbob

Honorary Life Captain
Everton
Birmingham City
Aston Villa
Cardiff City
Portsmouth
Swansea City
Middlesbrough
Leicester City
Tottenham Hotspur
Blackburn Rovers
Wigan Athletic

Spot the odd one out.
Spurs have loads of money?

Rich

CDPA Panelist (like jon)
What have Cardiff won recently?
I originally included Championship winners, but pulled them out. Missed one obviously!

They've all won a major honour in the past 20 years bar us. How embarrassing is it for a club like Everton to be the odd one out amongst them lot?

Moyes is responsible for half the drought we find ourselves in.

scott_efc

The Forum Hypocrite
I originally included Championship winners, but pulled them out. Missed one obviously!

They've all won a major honour in the past 20 years bar us. How embarrassing is it for a club like Everton to be the odd one out amongst them lot?

Moyes is responsible for half the drought we find ourselves in.
The fact you initially included Championship winners as an honour to have won... Is that you Mr Southall?

I'm sure Leicester Boro Birmingham Portsmouth Wigan all have been laughing at us this last 10 years like. How high and mighty they must feel.

Give me years of decent point hauls, enjoying the football, qualifying for Europe, watching top players etc over a single league cup any day. There's only 2 teams in that list that have won a proper trophy (the FA cup) and they will be playing in League 1 and 2 next year.

Rich

CDPA Panelist (like jon)
The fact you initially included Championship winners as an honour to have won... Is that you Mr Southall?

I'm sure Leicester Boro Birmingham Portsmouth Wigan all have been laughing at us this last 10 years like. How high and mighty they must feel.

Give me years of decent point hauls, enjoying the football, qualifying for Europe, watching top players etc over a single league cup any day. There's only 2 teams in that list that have won a proper trophy (the FA cup) and they will be playing in League 1 and 2 next year.
How is the League Cup not a proper trophy? Since it is only comprised of league teams, surely the average quality of the opposition is better. Moreover, if you think it so inferior, we'd have won it at least once, no? And the fact that there are teams playing in league 1 & 2 who have won the cup more recently than us makes it even more embarrassing. So cheers for further lending weight to my argument.

Do you get medals for mediocrity and 'decent point hauls'? Do you fuck. Football, like any sport, is about winning. Even just now and again. Sod it, I'd take once in a blue moon at this point.

I can see why you bum Moyes so much; you share his lack of ambition.

Bluebru

Resident queer
I think xbob is alright but he is swiftly becoming scott mk2
We get that you like moyes and don't like Martinez, give it a rest ffs

kev1

Mortgage Nonce/Football Dunce
How is the League Cup not a proper trophy? Since it is only comprised of league teams, surely the average quality of the opposition is better. Moreover, if you think it so inferior, we'd have won it at least once, no? And the fact that there are teams playing in league 1 & 2 who have won the cup more recently than us makes it even more embarrassing. So cheers for further lending weight to my argument.

Do you get medals for mediocrity and 'decent point hauls'? Do you fuck. Football, like any sport, is about winning. Even just now and again. Sod it, I'd take once in a blue moon at this point.

I can see why you bum Moyes so much; you share his lack of ambition.
The point Scott is making is we would love to win a trophy but not at the expense of our future - which may have happened this season.
Birmingham, Boro, and Wigan were all relegated in the same season - would you have taken the cup and relegation??? Thought not.

Xbob

Honorary Life Captain
I think xbob is alright but he is swiftly becoming scott mk2
We get that you like moyes and don't like Martinez, give it a rest ffs
It's been said before mate, and I've no problem with it. I like what Scott says and I like the fact that he puts some effort into his posts. Anyway, when people stop spouting shit about Moyes, I'll stop replying to it. I think the argument is done and dusted as far as Martinez is concerned, there's no ifs or buts there. I just hope we stay up and fuck him off because there are definitely better options available, including Moyes.

RoyalBlueBoy

Probably a Love Islander
If Moyes was so bad why did Man Utd hire him. Yes he failed at them but they hired him because anyone who knows football knows he done a very good job on limited resources.

This stagnation argument under Moyes isn't true either. His last season only Man UTD and City (1st and 2nd that season) lost fewer games than us. We beat both of them at home that season (one with 10 men for half an hour).

Am not sure getting Moyes back is the right thing the more i think about it because as soon as something goes wrong it will be very easy to say we shouldn't have gone back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)