• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Dynamo Kiev v Everton, Thurs 19th March

Fozastuta

TEF Member
Roberto Martinez believes world-class goals were Everton’s undoing in their exit from the Europa League.

The Blues suffered a 5-2 reverse at the hands of Dynamo Kyiv in the Olympic Stadium, consigning them to a 6-4 aggregate defeat.

Three of the home side’s goals were eye-catching efforts from distance - from Yarmolenko, Veloso and Antunes. And whilst the Everton boss was disappointed by aspects of his side’s defending for the home side’s other goals, he believes the quality of Dynamo’s finishing was the difference on a night when the Blues scored twice through Romelu Lukaku and Phil Jagielka and also hit the woodwork on two occasions.

He said: "A couple of times we made some defensive mistakes but there was also some incredible finishing from the opposition. Some of the goals, it would be difficult to see them again in the same game.

"I don’t think it was a case of being in a position where we couldn’t impose ourselves. Once we scored the away goal I thought we would be stronger and tighter in our performance but it was the kind of night where everything they tried went into the back of the net. We always looked like a threat going forward and that we could score goals but the type of game it was, there were opportunities for both sides and our chances didn’t go in.

"It was a game between two teams who were clear in their attacking intent and both sides created a lot of chances. I agree there were instances when we could have defended better but there is not a lot you can do about goals that go right into the top corner. Ross (Barkley) was a real threat for us and back to a very good level. He hit the post twice and sometimes the margins are very small. The way the game unfolded, there were plenty of chances but the difference was the team that took most of their chances.”

The Blues chief was questioned by media over his team selection, and the make-up of his defensive unit for the game.

He said: “The back five have been very strong in the last two games - the same back five only conceded one goal in the last two games from a corner in the first leg against Dynamo - and kept a clean sheet against Newcastle. I felt the communication experience between them would be important today. Both teams used the pitch in a good manner but the whole team didn’t defend well enough.

"The second goal started from an attacking corner and sometimes those situations you can’t completely control in the game. It wasn’t a case of the personnel, I felt Dynamo built momentum with the home crowd and capitalised on that."

Why? Scott was banned for less. Spouting shite all game in the thread about fuck all. You unban him if you like mate.
Hes just speaking shite, loads do it. Don't think he's Wumming anyone. Just chatting gibberish

pablo_p

TEF Member
He needs to fuck off.

To even have the gall to use the word phenomenal in his post-match conference is nothing short of fucking disgusting.

obstructedview

TEF Member
Small pockets of Kiev desperate to engage, bods together, stoic, unified, flexible, prepared. Heading for Korana club, hoods up.
Are you fuckin tripping or playin fuckin PS3 or something. Shut the fuck up or ill shove my fist through the fuckin Internet, down your gobshite gob and pull your fuckin liver out your mouth. See how long you 'fuckin stand we're Everton ' then you fuckin bellend.

X

MartSlinger

Love Islander
'World class goals were our downfall', nah mate, they fucking weren't.
At 1-1 we're in the driving seat, control the game, drop Barkley back into a 3 and play proper counter attacking football, instead we kept it the same when we didnt need too.
Awful defending and tactical naivety were the reason we lost.

scott_efc

The Forum Hypocrite
I booked a holiday last week over the date of the final. Told the Mrs if we got to the final I wouldn't be going on holiday with her. It felt pretty safe that it wouldn't be money wasted and good old Roberto didn't let me down.

kev1

Mortgage Nonce/Football Dunce
He looks a broken man - I kind of feel sorry for him as he's a nice bloke

Marko

TEF Member
I booked a holiday last week over the date of the final. Told the Mrs if we got to the final I wouldn't be going on holiday with her. It felt pretty safe that it wouldn't be money wasted and good old Roberto didn't let me down.
You should have said going on holiday with her was more important than everton. Knowing deep down it was safe. Brownie points lost there mate.

Marko

TEF Member
He looks a broken man - I kind of feel sorry for him as he's a nice bloke
Genuinely said the same to me dad on the phone just now.
I find it impossible to hate Roberto, sounds odd, but it's true.
I so want him to succeed, but I think his race is run.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)