• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Player Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Zonal marking podcast did an episode just about crossing a few months ago. The main take away was that only 1 in 76 open play crosses result in a goal which is a shite and flawed way to base your game plan on.
But most strikers aren't equiped for crosses and most wingers can't cross.

His strength is crosses and so is Richarlisons so although that me be the average, I bet ours would be a better rate

Hugo's left kidney

The Everton dads' dad
I'd bet the redshite's cross to goal ratio is very favourable, especially in their title winning season.

But as Snoop alludes, they have full backs that can cross and players who knew where the back of the net was.

Get it right and it can win you games. Get it wrong and it looks stupid.

BraintreeBlue

TEF Member
But most strikers aren't equiped for crosses and most wingers can't cross.

His strength is crosses and so is Richarlisons so although that me be the average, I bet ours would be a better rate
isnt it stats like these that caused martinez to not practice defending or attacking corners because they had a very low success rate. stats can help but in reality a varied attack encompassing different styles will be best. creating a tactic to suit a strength of your main striker seems common sense to me though.

aberonn

TEF Member
When we had big Dunc up front for us we finished 17th, 16th twice, 15th three times, 14th, 13th ah fuck it. I'm off to bed.

Kim Jong-un

TEF Member
Just 3 goals off our top 5 premier league goal scorers. He and Richarlison could finish the season 4th and 5th on the list.

I'd be disappointed if he's only 4th. He got 16 last season and only needs 17 this season to overtake Cahill in 3rd.

dixies60

TEF Member
Just 3 goals off our top 5 premier league goal scorers. He and Richarlison could finish the season 4th and 5th on the list.
What about all time must be 15th or so I would say. Obviously a long way to go to Sharpe Dean et al but must be getting towards the top

Kim Jong-un

TEF Member
What about all time must be 15th or so I would say. Obviously a long way to go to Sharpe Dean et al but must be getting towards the top

Nowhere near. He's joint 49th with 41 league goals. 15th is 76 goals. Overall he's joint 45th with 54 goals and 15th is 89 goals.

Kyoto

TEF Member
Leon 'Fuck Off' Osman is 5th and we've got two left backs in the top 10.

:fearscream:
trying not to laugh GIF

Mike

Never wrong
The 90s were utterly horrific for 90% of the time, devastated this club and we've been chasing our tail ever since. The FA cup win is insignificant to the immeasurable damage Johnson and Kenwright thereafter caused.

Koff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)