• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Player Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Gym or bin?

• Gym

Votes: 43 75.4%
  • Bin

Votes: 14 24.6%

• Total voters

bluerinse

Best case scenario is it's a tweak, no tear and he just felt it so they didn't risk him with games coming thick and fast. We were a goal up iirc, so maybe Carlo felt we could manage the game (lol).

If that's the case I think they'll give him Fulham off and possibly the City game too.

If there's a tear hopefully just a grade 1.

He seemed to walk off fine so I'm hopeful but this is also Everton so he's probably due in for an amputation this morning.

T1878

Love Islander
I don't think it was a serious injury, more an aggravation of an existing one. He's been playing within himself and doing far less sprints in recent weeks. If we had a stronger, deeper squad, he wouldn't have needed to start games until fully fit. Same with Allan when he got injured, you could tell he was feeling something in his hamstring in the games leading up to the one where he ultimately suffered a worse tear.

Shouldn't be mucking around with hamstring injuries, but Everton's medical staff never fail to amaze me.

mr_pib

TEF Member
It looked like a 2/3 week job rather than months, like Allan's did.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what Carlo says on Friday, by which time it will have been assessed.

We'll probably be told the minimum, because that's how Everton like to do it with injury news, but you'd imagine we'll know if he plays v Fulham - I doubt it.

It's a race against time for the derby and one we'll probably lose, just because.
FFS, is it really too much to ask to have a fully fit squad against that lot? Even for the match at Goodison Richarlison & Allan were carrying niggles iirc.

bluerinse

FFS, is it really too much to ask to have a fully fit squad against that lot? Even for the match at Goodison Richarlison & Allan were carrying niggles iirc.

We'll have several players missing as usual and the emphasis will still be on them missing the late VVD

Will

TEF Member
I think it was ominous when Doucoure (could have been someone else?) was in a great position on the right to feed him and he couldn't even run to get on the end of it in the box.

bluerinse

Anybody want to guess what today's message will be on DCL's injury?

I'll give you some options...

a) the manager/club will be forthright in saying specifically what the injury is and how long he'll be out.

b) the manager/club will say the injury has yet to be fully assessed

c) the manager/club will say it's he'll be missing due to his hamstring and give no further details regarding the injury or when he's back

d) the manager/club will say he's missing but won't provide an update as to why

e) the manager/club won't rule him out, it'll be a 'we'll see tomorrow' type thing

f) the manager/club will say he's fine for tomorrow

----

I'll go with C

Mick Blue

Pervert & possible Love Islander
Just been told DCL uses Tom Davies’ cock as his bean barrier.

Don’t shoot the messenger.

bluerinse

'We think both of them (DCL and Pickford) shoudl be available for Wednesday.'

Bit of a result that. Clearly the scan showed no considerable damage.

Edit -

Was then asked another question about it and basically said he went out off as a precaution because he felt like something could be about to go wrong there.

Overall basically, best case scenario news, this.

Last edited:

Mick Blue

Good news. I hope we aren’t rushing him back.

Mick Blue

Agree with that, lads. Put him up against the RS make shift defence and get some balls into the box.

That picture of him towering over Robertson in the last derby is one of my favourites of recent times.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)