• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Player Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Gym or bin?

• Gym

Votes: 43 75.4%
  • Bin

Votes: 14 24.6%

• Total voters

Mike

Formerly Just Mike & Micky
Said it earlier today, I doubted he was 100% despite the goals. You could see it when the ball is in play, no lung busting runs, not getting high up to win headers as he couldn't push off.

We didn't have a choice but to start him tonight, just hope it hasn't cost us badly.

The way Duncan spoke he almost certainly wont be fit for Fulham. I'd play Richarlison up front, Iwobi on the left and James (hopefully) on the right. Don't think King is ready to start games, he's barely played this season for Bournemouth remember.

Iggy

Love Islander
Not really sure what to make of what Dunc said, purely because I think Dunc just hates being interviewed and just says anything to get it done. I do think DCL misses Fulham though.

Quinnylad

TEF Member
didn't have a choice but to start him tonight, just hope it hasn't cost us badly.

The way Duncan spoke he almost certainly wont be fit for Fulham. I'd play Richarlison up front, Iwobi on the left and James (hopefully) on the right. Don't think King is ready to start games, he's barely played this season for Bournemouth remember.
With the way Iwobi has been playing the last few times he has come on and then tonight, I would rather give King a shot

bluerinse

It looked like a 2/3 week job rather than months, like Allan's did.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what Carlo says on Friday, by which time it will have been assessed.

We'll probably be told the minimum, because that's how Everton like to do it with injury news, but you'd imagine we'll know if he plays v Fulham - I doubt it.

It's a race against time for the derby and one we'll probably lose, just because.

liquidfootball2

TEF Member
“It looks like he tweaked his hamstring. We’re not quite sure.

“It could be a wee bit of trouble for him.”

Duncan's words, ominously walked straight down the tunnel to get it looked at properly, ice applied and the swelling down I presume. Almost certainly a tweak but playing him with a suspect hammy will be asking for worse.

Trying to be realistic rather than just optimistic, he'll almost certainly miss Fulham, City and the Derby minimum I would think - that's only a week Saturday, could also miss Southampton and Chelsea, but these two are far more realistic targets. With half a season to go it would be stupid taking massive risks.

Although it would be unbelievable and means far more to everyone, management, fans and players to beat Liverpool, three points against the likes of West Brom are worth just as much in the table

Great to see us get through in the end but what a cost to our ambitions in the league!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)