• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Player Demarai Gray

bluerinse

We paid £8m for Delph mate. That sort of money gets you nothing these days. It would put needless pressure on our already hugely pressured recruitment staff to sell a player like Gray. The profit would have to be considerably more than £20m for me.

We did, but we also paid £1.5m for Gray in the first place. There's always bargains out there. What did Palace pay for Olise, £8m?

Mike

edit: just cba anymore
I think it's highly likely the plan will be sell Richarlison and DCL, sign 4 or so players with that money. In the same sense we sold Digne and signed Mykolenko and Patterson.

Dom

Relatively well read but a fucking moron
We did, but we also paid £1.5m for Gray in the first place. There's always bargains out there. What did Palace pay for Olise, £8m?

That was Benitez tbf. We need plenty of bargains already this summer without adding another gap. Gray will be great next season imo, as long as we replace DCL properly or keep him fit if he stays

Space_Ghost

Senior Manager of football trading
I think it's highly likely the plan will be sell Richarlison and DCL, sign 4 or so players with that money. In the same sense we sold Digne and signed Mykolenko and Patterson.

Agree, saw something on twitter saying plan is to sell £120m worth and re-invest it all..... probs not far off just those two +1 more?

Mike

Agree, saw something on twitter saying plan is to sell £120m worth and re-invest it all..... probs not far off just those two +1 more?
Moise Kean?

It is, yet again, another huge Summer for us. Would be nice if we stopped spunking so much money up the wall so we could just have a Summer in which we only need to boost the squad with a couple of signings.

Space_Ghost

Senior Manager of football trading
Moise Kean?

It is, yet again, another huge Summer for us. Would be nice if we stopped spunking so much money up the wall so we could just have a Summer in which we only need to boost the squad with a couple of signings.

Yeah fair shout, Kean/DCL/Richy out. for £120m?

Tarkowski/Nketiah/B.Johnson in for £20m? £100m left to play with?

Mike

Yeah fair shout, Kean/DCL/Richy out. for £120m?

Tarkowski/Nketiah/B.Johnson in for £20m? £100m left to play with?
Nketiah would be a good signing on a free. Not really sure what to make of Tarkowski because Burnley are so shit.

scott_efc

Doom-monger, bore and forum crank
Just watching this forest game. Their players have whipped in a load of very good balls and only last ditch tackles stopped a tap in. They’ve probably played more of these in 22 mins than Gray and Gordon have in the last few months. I just don’t get how it’s so hard to just knock a ball across or cut a ball back

Buggrit Hall

TEF Member
Can't see us selling Gray for much money at all. Would more than likely make some profit but can't see anyone paying real money for him. Might con one of Fulham or Bournemouth to part with £10m for him is the best we can hope for I suppose.

Just a shame he can't re-discover his early season form as he was brilliant for us then. Mind you could say that about every player.

Midnight_Blue

TEF Member
A very decent player that we couldn't replace at the price we got him for.

One of the few in the team willing to run with the ball and take players on.

A proper ball playing midfielder is what we need to bring out any decent performance from our wingers.

Also, this fucking season has been a shitstorm of a Rollercoaster for me since we appointed the fat Spanish cunt so I'm not going harsh on anyone except Michael fucking Keane.

Rich

Just a petty little man
This forum is going to explode when we sell both DCL and Richarlison in the Summer.

The likes of Gray wont be getting sold. Everything about our perilous financial position suggests both DCL and Richarlison will leave. We will have lost another £75-100m or so this financial year, we can't keep taking the piss without consequences.
Everton don't sell both of those players in the same window, IMO.

Rather, I'd be absolutely gobsmacked if they did.

Dom

Relatively well read but a fucking moron

I think we would if anyone offered a good enough bid for DCL but can't see it after the season he has had. It makes a lot of sense to get rid of them both

kev1

Mortgage Nonce/Football Dunce - U23s expert

They will both go. We need to rebuild and only way is selling them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)