• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Former Player Davy Klaassen - Joined Werder Bremen

Gilroy

TEF Member
Played well this season, prior to that I think he was a player that their fans criticised a lot.

More of a second striker than a play maker. He's a bit like Alli. Seems to time his runs into the box really well.

bluerinse

It's really hard to judge players from that league.

People will say Suarez, Ibrahimovic etc but plenty have come from there with strong reputations and been poor.

AngusYoung

TEF Member
Dutch league is quite hard to judge players but he has also been part of the team that has just got into the Europa League final.

If we do sign him who does he replace? As I think he would want guaranteed first team football.

TeeJay

Global Moderator
I can't say I'm overjoyed with the prospect of him replacing Barkley to be honest. Assuming that is the case. The standard right now in that league is very poor compared to the Premier League.

AngusYoung

TEF Member
I can't say I'm overjoyed with the prospect of him replacing Barkley to be honest. Assuming that is the case. The standard right now in that league is very poor compared to the Premier League.
Well he and his team have done wonders to reach the Europa League cup final with that team.

I can see why Koeman would want him. A player who gets into the box and adds a threat to attacks. We need to add all different types of players, we've been too predictable for too long.
He reminds me of Tim Cahill with the runs he makes. He sort of plays inbetween the lines, so is very difficult to pick up. Think he may surprise a few people. Probably need the best part of a season to settle in though.

Fozastuta

TEF Member
He reminds me of Tim Cahill with the runs he makes. He sort of plays inbetween the lines, so is very difficult to pick up. Think he may surprise a few people. Probably need the best part of a season to settle in though.

Tim Cahill is exactly what i thought.

bluerinse

I know nothing about him, aside from him not getting very good reviews from the Europa League final and reminding a few people of Naismith.
Nowhere near enough to develop an informed opinion.

T1878

Love Islander
Cahill isn't a bad shout in terms of similar styles of play. I've said it a few times, but he also reminds me of Naismith (but I haven't worked out if that's my brain playing tricks on me because they look the same).

I loved Cahill and didn't mind Naismith either, but I'm not convinced that type of player will take us on to the next level. Hopefully it's a case of me not having seen enough of him and he's actually got a lot to his game. For that amount of money, you'd certainly hope that'd be the case.

Neil A

Our man in Spain
Looks good to me, solid rather the spectacular, assume he will play in one of the three centre midfield places.

Definitely strengthens us so not going to complain.

TheDoctor

TEF Member
Looks good to me, solid rather the spectacular, assume he will play in one of the three centre midfield places.

Definitely strengthens us so not going to complain.

Koeman spoke about the need for other people to step up and score goals so this signing makes sense given his goal scoring record from midfield.

Entanglement

TEF Member
From what I have seen, he looks to have way more quality on the ball than either of those two (Naismith and Cahill). I think he could be a great addition - more excited about this than Sandro.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)