• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Match Thread Crystal Palace v Everton, Saturday 26th September, 3pm (Amazon Prime)

Mike

Formerly Just Mike & Micky
I'll be disappointed if we don't beat them, we are better in every department. It's a test of whether we've really changed our mindset. The last trip to London went well.

liquidfootball2

TEF Member
Hodgson presser says the usual guff about liking where they are at ..then Benteke available but too many still in the treatment room and pretty much where they were last week.

We have to beat these, a hard fought draw won't do anymore, especially with our new mentality. We need to go for far more than that nowadays - really go for it and overwhelm them so any they score will only be a consolation.

Palace are dogshit and we should be going there expecting to batter them.

They’re not an attacking team either. Weren’t they one of the lowest scoring teams last season? (I could be massively wrong on that as I’m going off memory)
They were one of the lowest scoring, but they have been set up more offensively this season so far

aidefc

TEF Member
Stop Zaha and you beat these, if only it was as simple. After Spurs i was confident WBA wouldnt score against us until their players ran at our defence (Mina was a joke) so they best be on their toes if Zaha runs at them and be more aggressive against him.

thebluenose

TEF Member
Not confident here. Zaha will have a field day with our defence and keeper.

Plus, we are overdue to have an #evertonthat match

Midnight_Blue

TEF Member
Don't believe the fear on here...

They should be terrified of facing us at the moment.. wondering on their forums how they gonna stop DLC, Richarlison, Hamez, Doucoure et al.

We must just not concede first.. that's the key.... We. thank dismantle them at will.

blueboyo99

TEF Member
Our best defender is Coleman and he's still no slouch as proved against Son so if he plays on the left I think we will be ok. If Zaha plays up-front in a 4-4-2 and he gets a run at our centre backs then I think we are going to be in trouble.

boris

TEF Member
I think we’ll win impressively again.

There’s no ceiling to what we could achieve this year.

Pickford is a concern but I’m not too worried about the defence. I expect last week will prove to be quite helpful in relation to the season, lessons will have been learnt and I expect they’ll be a lot more focused tomorrow.

Last edited:
I think we’ll win impressively again.

There’s no ceiling to what we could achieve this year.

Pickford is a concern but I’m not too worried about the defensive. I expect last week will prove to be quite helpful in relation to the season, lessons will have been learnt and I expect they’ll be a lot more focused tomorrow.
I'm not concerned about the defence, Mina just needs match fitness

jon

CDPA Panelist (like Rich)
If we don't play a high line, it nullifies their threat to a degree. Add in the defensive abilities of Allan and Doucoure and we're much better able to handle them.

scott_efc

Doom-monger and Wayne Lineker fan
Weve deffo got enough to win. But equally I can see our defence getting caught out on the break with their pace up top on a few occasions. It’s then a case of do they take their chances.

Then obviously there’s the expected Pickford error. Which just got to hope won’t cost us / result in a goal.

2-2

BraintreeBlue

TEF Member
one thing i have notived in the two league games so far is just how open to the counter we are when we get a corner. Spurs nearly exploited it a few times and WBA were able to counter on the nreak without much difficulty.

Statue of Dixie

Blue Steel
Weve deffo got enough to win. But equally I can see our defence getting caught out on the break with their pace up top on a few occasions. It’s then a case of do they take their chances.

Then obviously there’s the expected Pickford error. Which just got to hope won’t cost us / result in a goal.

2-2

Yep, exactly how I see it going.

bluerinse

If we beat these I'll be very excited about our season and I might start getting a bit ahead of myself.

On paper we're a better side than them and we have improved no end away from home under Carlo, but there's just always something there putting me off fancying us when it comes to us on our travels. I can see a score draw here as we often seem to draw this fixture.

In terms of how the game will go, I think Hodgson will have them well set up, with the plan of catching us on the break. I think they'll sit deep, stay compact and look to get bodies around James in particular, with a bit of rough treatment dished out.

If we can zip the ball around the way we did the first half against Fleetwood they'll find it difficult, but if they can bring us down to their level, it's going to be a tough game.

liquidfootball2

TEF Member
They are dangerous and we can't allow their forwards free runs at our centre halves (Mina especially looks well short but hopefully match sharpness will improve him). It's so easy for us to think negatively after constant disappointment with very early wreckage of new season optimism on a repeat cycle, but I reckon Carlo has changed the mentality of the players so it doesn't matter what we think, as long as the players believe.

A draw being acceptable is what we're used to hoping for but they have to aim far higher now, these aren't our standard and we need to be clinical and show it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)