• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Match Thread Crystal Palace v Everton, Saturday 26th September, 3pm (Amazon Prime)

bluerinse

Tricky game this.

They've started well, having also picked up maximum points and have the advantage of not playing in midweek.

I think they'll let us have the ball and look to hit us on the break via Zaha, Ayew and Townsend/Eze.

Be arsed if Zaha scores a key goal and certain posters, naming no names, have their cocks out for him all week.

Last edited:

toffee_boy_andy

Love Islander
Terrified for this one. Cant afford to start slow like we did against West Brom. If Palace get into an early lead they'll just sit back and play on the counter.

Get the intensity right, make it about who has the most quality, and we have a good chance. It's just a massive game coz if we win this one the feel-good factor will be off the scale.

Mr Kirk

Branflakes cunt
When was the last time we won 3 in a row. Feels like it must have been martinez first season.

This will be tricky, but if we start fast we should be comfortable. Palace are always a tough team to beat though, so we shall see if the new signings for them come into the team and how they react to that

Floody

TEF Member
We have an excellent record at Crystal Palace in the Premier League as we have only lost one of our last 11 games there.

If we play at our best we should win comfortably. The only real concern is Pickford who after a decent start to the season was woeful against Fleetwood. Hodgson will probably have Palace be shooting on sight in this one

2 - 5 for the third match in a row

Spanky

TEF Member
2 very attacking teams, so I expect both keepers to be busy. My concern, however, is Pickford. Of the 2 keepers, I feel he is the most likely to concede. I just hope Everton are clinical with every shot on goal. I reckon it will be a high scoring game.

aidefc

TEF Member
We have an excellent record at Crystal Palace in the Premier League as we have only lost one of our last 11 games there.

If we play at our best we should win comfortably. The only real concern is Pickford who after a decent start to the season was woeful against Fleetwood. Hodgson will probably have Palace be shooting on sight in this one

2 - 5 for the third match in a row

Andros Townsend likes this

BraintreeBlue

TEF Member
first goal will be massive. cant let them get it and sit back trying to hit us on the break. We should be winning this and provided everyone concentrates and doesnt make stupid mental errors (im looking at you Jordan) then we should win 2-0.

Mug

TEF Member
Won’t be easy but confidence should be high after our start. A scrappy 1 nil would do me to keep the momentum going.

graeme

TEF Member
Sounds mad but if we can come away from here with 3 points it will be massive. Shame Richarlison had to play so long last night.

Potrik

TEF Member
Palace are dogshit and we should be going there expecting to batter them.

They’re not an attacking team either. Weren’t they one of the lowest scoring teams last season? (I could be massively wrong on that as I’m going off memory)

dixies60

TEF Member
Same team as West brom

The only question marks are gomes, Sigurdsson or Bernard. And who gets on the bench.
Iwobi
Gordon
Kenny
Kean
Nkounku
Sigurdsson/bernard/gomes (whoever doesn't play)
Davies
Walcott
All vying for a spot on the bench

Pickford
Coleman Keane Mina digne
Allan
Gomes(Bernard, gylfi) Doucoure
James DCL richarlison

The reason I say Bernard of gylfi might start Is gomes fitness he is still coming back to match fitness since his injury.

DannyEFC

Alan Myers
On the basis of how we’ve played this season, we should beat them.

though Palace are a pain in the arse side and won’t make it easy.

I think we’ll draw 1-1. We’ll get an early goal and they’ll score late on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)