• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Sport Cricket

andrew street

CDPA Panelist
There was a snide comment from one of the Indian commentators yesterday about Broad's best figures, saying nobody complained about the wicket that day, because it suited seamers. Ignoring the fact that 700 runs were still scored on that strip.

It can't be long before the broadcasters get involved in this. They may be getting exciting moments, but they have paid for 5 days worth of sport ffs.

bluerinse

If India win the test comfortably there'll be no noise about the wicket. If they don't, it'll come under mass scrutiny.

It shouldn't be about whether India win or not though, there will probably have been 30 wickets on day 2 of a test match and that's not good enough - wherever in the world it is.

It makes for edge of the seat stuff, hare'em scare'em stuff, but that's not what test cricket is all about. It's about the mental and physical test of 5 days toil. Batting for an hour or two scoring 20 runs, bowling 20 overs in a day for 2 or 3 wickets.

andrew street

CDPA Panelist
If India win the test comfortably there'll be no noise about the wicket. If they don't, it'll come under mass scrutiny.

It shouldn't be about whether India win or not though, there will probably have been 30 wickets on day 2 of a test match and that's not good enough - wherever in the world it is.

It makes for edge of the seat stuff, hare'em scare'em stuff, but that's not what test cricket is all about. It's about the mental and physical test of 5 days toil. Batting for an hour or two scoring 20 runs, bowling 20 overs in a day for 2 or 3 wickets.
Which is even more bent to be honest. I have no problem with home wicket preparation, you expect that. But if England prepared full on green tops that led to all teams' seamers being unplayable there would be murders with cries of dangerous wickets etc.

It can't be right that these wickets are so unpredictable that even a change bowler gets 5-8

bluerinse

Which is even more bent to be honest. I have no problem with home wicket preparation, you expect that. But if England prepared full on green tops that led to all teams' seamers being unplayable there would be murders with cries of dangerous wickets etc.

It can't be right that these wickets are so unpredictable that even a change bowler gets 5-8

The cricket world is extremely bent towards India, because they're the ones putting the most ££ in.

2 day test here and barely a word will be said within India about this track. It's a disgrace.

Durruti

All hail the CDPA Panel!
Fucking disgrace this. Root needs to bowl Anderson and Archer and get the game abandoned, like the one in the Windies this. Footholes are fucked

andrew street

CDPA Panelist
The cricket world is extremely bent towards India, because they're the ones putting the most ££ in.

2 day test here and barely a word will be said within India about this track. It's a disgrace.
The only way it may change is when they count the loss of 3 x110000 fans and if the broadcasters start paying by the day.

This isn't like a rain affected game, this is spin at all costs. May as well bowl with a super ball on tarmac. I can make it spit n fizz then too.

Durruti

All hail the CDPA Panel!
I must admit, I was just wondering how they would react if Archer explodes one into Kohli's grid.

Edit: n vm

I mean they should complain that they can't bowl on those footholes mate, every time a seamer bowls they have to come out and take away a bucket of dust.

andrew street

CDPA Panelist
Fucking disgrace this. Root needs to bowl Anderson and Archer and get the game abandoned, like

I mean they should complain that they can't bowl on those footholes mate, every time a seamer bowls they have to come out and take away a bucket of dust.
Ah get you.
What I was going to say in my edit was no way on gods green ( or on this occasion very dusty brown ) earth would these umpires abandon a game in these circumstances unless India were losing.

RobD

TEF Member
Ridiculous. Broad has a test match 150 and fuck knows how many 50s ffs

Broad's shit as well, though far more likely to luck a few runs with the comedy smash than Archer. Leach has always looked like quite a sensible batsman to me. I know it was only Ireland, but that innings lasted a good while and had a few quality shots. He should've been in first in both innings to support Foakes.

England are fucked either way anyway so not really bothered.

Rockafella

Shoebox entrepreneur
Had to go out for a couple of hours, absolutely mental is this today, all over in 2 days, something has to be said about this wicket, like playing on the moon after a day.

bluerinse

Now is probably the time to start talking about the selection.

The Indians did them like a kipper, giving them some green tracks to practice on under lights.

Bet they were laughing their cocks off when they saw the England team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)