• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Sport Cricket

dixies60

TEF Member
England getting hammered in the last t20 match in India. India got 200+ England have gone from 119-2 to 127-9 unbelievable collapse even be England's standards

Scrap that all over 127 all out

8 runs for 8 wickets

PS shouldn't this be in the sport forum @snoopjiggyjig

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk

JimmyWhack

TEF Member
Gutted for Tom Smith, nice fella and a few years back couldn't have been far off England recognition

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

_blue_balls

TEF Member
It was time and the right call. I fear Root's form could suffer with the pressure of capacity but he looks like the only candidate.

dixies60

TEF Member
Question is would you still have cook as a batsman? At first I would to help the transition untill after the ashes then if another opener appears from somewhere he can step aside having done his bit to help root hopefully win the ashes again down under

joey macmo

TEF Member
Question is would you still have cook as a batsman? At first I would to help the transition untill after the ashes then if another opener appears from somewhere he can step aside having done his bit to help root hopefully win the ashes again down under

100% if have him. Move Root down to 4 if he's captain.

Cook
Hameed
Jennings
Root
Bairstow
Stokes
Ali
Woakes
Broad
Anderson

Then you can throw Buttler/Rashid in depending on conditions

dixies60

TEF Member
That's a good line up if after the next year or 2 cook gives up then Jennings and hameedd have that bit of experience to open themselves. The way early wickets go you could say teams need 3 openers which in this case we have a good move imo

The question is also who takes over from Anderson and Broad as they won't last forever and they get injured quite a bit. I can't really think of any young bowlers who could.

dixies60

TEF Member
Root been made captain right decision imo natural successor to cook as cook was to Strauss

bluerinse

Probably the right choice giving it to Root. I get the whole 'he's the best player, don't burden him with captaincy' thing but as far as i'm concerned, if he wants a crack let him have it. If his form suffers drastically we can revisit it in a couple of years.

I'll be interested to see whether the captaincy changes him. Strauss and Cook were very much the ECB school prefects whereas Root strikes me as more of a laugh. Him and Stokes as a captain/vice captain pair could lead to some interesting decisions. I can't see things being as conservative as they were under Cook's leadership.

I'd definitely leave Cook in the team, he's 32 years of age which in footballing terms is probably the equivalent of about 28/29. Maybe that's a stupid comparison but the point is, he's got plenty more to offer, when things get tough and we're batting to save a game I know he's the first man in world cricket that I want striding to the middle.

I don't think Cook's the type of guy to meddle with decisions, he probably just wants to bat and close in on Tendulkar's record (he'll need about 1000 test runs a year for the next 5 I heard somewhere, not beyond the realms of possibility).

I'd personally get Root back down to 4 now. I think Joey nailed it above; Hameed, Cook, Jennings, Root and Bairstow looks a good top 5 and then you've got the all rounders who are all capable.

It's a shame there's no test matches until July to see how the team progresses. Must be the longest England have gone without a test match in years.

Ben Stokes — $2.821 million (Rising Pune Supergiants)

Tymal Mills — $2.34 million (Royal Challengers Bangalore)

Kagiso Rabada — $972,470 (Delhi Daredevils)

Trent Boult — $972,470 (Kolkata Knight Riders)

Pat Cummins — $875,200 (Delhi Daredevils)

Mitchell Johnson — $389,00 (Mumbai Indians)

Eoin Morgan — $389,000 (Kings XI Punjab)

Angelo Mathews — $389,000 (Delhi Daredevils)

Corey Anderson — $195,000 (Delhi Daredevils)

Stokes... [Gezhuh]

bluerinse

I expected Stokes to go for big money, he's an X-factor player that most teams would want.

For me the big stories are Tymal Mills getting selling for such big money and a few associate cricketers getting picked up (2 Afghans and a UAE player so far).

MLWEFC

Love Island apostate
I dread the IPL starting, I don't get any fucking work done

Opening game is the day before Aintree too, what a weekend that will be

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 0)