• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Cheating in sport

Hugo's left kidney

Not a corrupt CDPA panelist
A 15 year old at a cat 1 academy done for using steroids (growth hormone), madness.

These kids get tested a lot now as well, even from the age of 9 and they got a lot of educating around this.

They can't even take paracetamol without running it past the club doctor.
Hang on, wouldn't Leo Messi be even shorter if he hadn't taken growth hormones at that age?

snack-a-jack

Love Islander
A 15 year old at a cat 1 academy done for using steroids (growth hormone), madness.

These kids get tested a lot now as well, even from the age of 9 and they got a lot of educating around this.

They can't even take paracetamol without running it past the club doctor.
What’s this about?

andrew street

CDPA Panelist
What’s this about?
About kids pushing to develop more physically at academy level.
I know this will come across as possibly racist, but I cant find another way to put it, but anecdotally:-
Friend of mine, his son was in a cat 1 academy from age 10. At 15 a group of African players joined the academy, all built like Lukaku, and he was released.

He's now playing Rugby professionally because his real physical growth came 2 years later.

Last edited:

snack-a-jack

Love Islander
I think many people still like to believe people can be just that good at a sport.

I had a debate with a mate of mine about Bolt years ago. My belief Is that he’s doped up to the eyeballs but he’s just better than the rest at it - he’s obviously naturally gifted too. But my mate was convinced it was just natural and loves the fairytale idea of him beating seasoned dopers easily without the need for juice.

Edit - doping is just a culture of sport. I know amateur boxers and MMA fighters who dope just to get advantages at that level as it’s worth the risk to reach a level where you get a few paydays.

pablo

TEF Member
I think many people still like to believe people can be just that good at a sport.

I had a debate with a mate of mine about Bolt years ago. My belief Is that he’s doped up to the eyeballs but he’s just better than the rest at it - he’s obviously naturally gifted too. But my mate was convinced it was just natural and loves the fairytale idea of him beating seasoned dopers easily without the need for juice.

Edit - doping is just a culture of sport. I know amateur boxers and MMA fighters who dope just to get advantages at that level as it’s worth the risk to reach a level where you get a few paydays.
One of the best films I've seen is Icarus that starts off trying to prove the impact of doping through an amateur cycling event. Another good documentary was on the dirtiest race, showing how only one runner in that infamous 100m race hadn't been linked to doping at some point.
I agree with you.

Dolorous Edd

Lord Commander of the Night’s Watch
At this point it seems like they should just allow cyclists to have a go on everything. Steds, epo, ket, charlie, whatever. They're all at it anyway, let's just keep crawling further into the belly of the beast and see how fast a baghead can get round France.

lichfieldblue

TEF Member
At this point it seems like they should just allow cyclists to have a go on everything. Steds, epo, ket, charlie, whatever. They're all at it anyway, let's just keep crawling further into the belly of the beast and see how fast a baghead can get round France.
And boxers, athletes, and any other sport that is just as susceptible to doping with barely any scrutiny....

pablo

TEF Member
And boxers, athletes, and any other sport that is just as susceptible to doping with barely any scrutiny....
I'm not sure you could ever solve it. You could allow all ped's but then what happens if this results in serious injury?
I'd like to see lifetime bans for all cheats and a transparent list of TUE's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)