• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Cheating in sport

_blue_balls

TEF Member
There was a time us brits used to think we were whiter than white. Now look at what’s happening with City and Saracens plus how dodgy team sky have been in the past few years.

thebluenose

TEF Member
The more money involved, the more people wanting to claw their hands on it.

Bribes, creative accounting, PEDs. It's all there and I'm certain that nearly every club does it.

It's just that they haven't been caught

SteveEFC89

Captain of Captains
Redshite lot are clearly druggies. Miraculous improvements to some players, same players playing every week in one of the most intense playing teams and not getting injuries. Smackheads.

Bluebru

Resident queer

An interesting take on doping in sport and one that in general, I agree with.
‘At 20, Olubamiwo turned to boxing. He was even more convinced of the need to dope because “you don’t go into a gun-fight carrying a knife”.’

_101591903_david_moyes_reuters.jpg

snack-a-jack

Love Islander

An interesting take on doping in sport and one that in general, I agree with.
I don’t disagree with him at all myself. I’ve said numerous times on here that I believe doping is rife at every level of sport. I know amateur fighters who dope and they see it as the only way to progress towards where they want to be.

Fozastuta

TEF Member
I don’t disagree with him at all myself. I’ve said numerous times on here that I believe doping is rife at every level of sport. I know amateur fighters who dope and they see it as the only way to progress towards where they want to be.

Rugby in the National Divisions in Wales is riddled with players using steroids. I'd hazard a guess it's the same in other sports.

Xbob

Honorary Life Captain
Rugby in the National Divisions in Wales is riddled with players using steroids. I'd hazard a guess it's the same in other sports.
I've been told by a former professional rugby player that when he signed for Wigan he got given "water retainers" at 16 that turned out to be oral steroids and that everybody was given them as part of their "supplement" regime. I got told by another mate of mine who's brother signed for St Helens that they started him on gear 15. Rugby League is absolutely awash with it. They all do it. Look at Ben Westwood who played for Warrington, his eyebrow ridge looks like a peaked cap for fuck's sake, a surefire sign of chronic growth hormone abuse and you see that look a lot amongst old pros in rugby league.

snack-a-jack

Love Islander
Just read a shit article on the bbc site wondering why some of the top cyclists at the Tour de France either failed miserably or completely fell apart half way through.

It absolutely screams of doping cycles being effected due to the delayed start of the event because of coronavirus for me. You don’t normally see so many team leaders absolutely struggling.

snack-a-jack

Love Islander
It does piss me off that cycling gets so much focus when other sports are equally bad and get next to no scrutiny.

That said, this did make me chuckle the other week

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/i/web/status/1313826796576669696
I think cycling suffers from having people who actually want to expose doping which has caused its reputation. I guarantee all top level sportsmen are doing something they shouldn’t. Football, tennis, boxing will all be absolutely rife but money appears to come before exposing their top money makers.

I know a few people who have been decent amateurs in boxing/MMA and it’s rife even at that level to gain an advantage.

boris

TEF Member
A 15 year old at a cat 1 academy done for using steroids (growth hormone), madness.

These kids get tested a lot now as well, even from the age of 9 and they got a lot of educating around this.

They can't even take paracetamol without running it past the club doctor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)