• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Management Carlo Ancelotti

Kim Jong-un

TEF Member
Exactly that.

Who are we to question his knowhow?

This fella knows how to get matches won.
That's why I never said a word. I keep finding myself thinking 'what is he doing?' and then remember that he's fucking Carlo Ancelotti a few seconds later. Still can't believe he's our manager.

Not saying he's infallible but he's going to make far fewer mistakes than anyone else we could've got so we've just got to get behind him and trust in his wisdom.

thebluenose

TEF Member
This is Everton, so I'm sure in a few months everything will be shit again.

But my word it's so refreshing to have a manager who knows what he is doing

Alan Partridge

TEF Member
Just look at the suave grandad on the touch line. Even when he’s pulling his facial expressions he still looks assured, knowing what needs to be done to turn the match around or see it out.

He’s not perfect, but of course no-one ever is, and will undoubtedly make a pig’s tit of things in various games. But, all things considered, he’s a proper manager, a proper winner and comes across as a genuinely decent fella, too.

I’m chuffed to bits he’s at Everton.

Woolster

CDPA Panelist & data nonce
So refreshing to have a manager who, when things aren't going great, doesn't immediately think "Time for a pointless like for like substitution then" and actually changes things up properly.

Mug

TEF Member
You don’t win what you’ve won in the game like Ancelotti and panic when things aren’t going your way.

He’s top quality and he resonates calm assured thinking to his players.

Consayblue22

TEF Member
Love Carlo anyway, and I agreed with the Davies sub as we were getting overrun in midfield.

But the Mina one I questioned big time, not because of the player who I like, but I thought it was inviting pressure too early.

It was a great sub which totally took the sting out of the game.

Just fucking love Carlo

pablo_p

TEF Member
Said it in the match thread but he's sussed us out in a couple of months, not really changed much at all and got us grinding out results all the while looking much better for it.

If FFP is relaxed as we're all hoping, I hope we back him to the hilt because he really is a cut above anything I've seen in my lifetime supporting us.

scott_efc

Doom-monger and Wayne Lineker fan
Think the COVID break has helped massively as well. Longer to work with the players and assess what he has

DannyEvo

TEF Member
I said it in the match thread, but I believe if he can add some players he wants and he sticks around he will win us a trophy

What a signing! Captain material.

thebluenose

TEF Member
To think of the impact he has had, and he is still to make any signings.

What was lauded as one of the worst squads in the league, he has come in and got us more organised and harder to beat, whilst improving players like DCL and Richarlison.

I know it's a big if. But if we get in a few good signings this transfer window, who knows what we can achieve

Paulgreece

Mr. Denial
Best thing that's happened to the club in 30 years, I look at the league table now and we're 10 points off a CL spot in this crazy season. If only we'd have had him in since the begining with that nice run of fixtures instead of that disgrace we had pretending to be a manager.

Give him every penny we're allowed too, give him the final decision on transfers.

pablo_p

TEF Member
Best thing that's happened to the club in 30 years, I look at the league table now and we're 10 points off a CL spot in this crazy season. If only we'd have had him in since the begining with that nice run of fixtures instead of that disgrace we had pretending to be a manager.

Give him every penny we're allowed too, give him the final decision on transfers.
This is exactly what has to happen now.

Identify targets/players/playing styles etc. and get Brands to follow suit and implement it throughout the youth setup, academy and U23s.

If FFP is relaxed (and I think the fact that the big boys' gates will have been bladdered by covid means it likely will be) then we need to throw as much as possible his way.

bluerinse

If he was in any doubt about the mentality problem at Everton he just needs to look at who he's lost to as our manager and where...

City away
Liverpool away
Arsenal away
Chelsea away
Spurs away

We probably deserved a draw or two out of those games but it's no coincidence it's every one of the traditional top 6 he's faced away from home.

It's that mentality problem that needs to be cracked and it's not an easy one. We've tried buying players from big clubs who *should* come with the mentality and it hasn't worked. We've tried buying better players from lesser teams and that hasn't worked.

Carlo either needs to change these players thought process or Brands has to continue to turnover the squad.

I do feel a tiny bit for him, mind. He doesn't have a plethora of options and simply can't be used to our level of ineptitude in these games. It must baffle him.

Anthony

TEF Member
In fairness to him, he has made us much more solid at the back. Other than flukey ricochets we don't look like conceding, despite Pickfords best attempts.

We just don't look to have much of an idea when we are going forward.

BraintreeBlue

TEF Member
I do feel a tiny bit for him, mind. He doesn't have a plethora of options and simply can't be used to our level of ineptitude in these games. It must baffle him.
I think he is genuinely excited to be given the chance to build a side from scratch. Normally he just manages an already established squad of superstars. This time he gets what he wants from top to bottom.

I also think he has probably got more in the squad than he initially thought when taking over. He seems to love DCL and Richarlison. Defensively we are quite solid. He just needs a midfield.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)