• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Management Carlo Ancelotti

Kim Jong-un

TEF Member
3rd in the league at worst since he took over. With the shite threadbare squad handed over to him. Can't wait to see what he achieves if Brands can get him some decent players.

Carlo Fantastico.png

scott_efc

The Forum Hypocrite
He makes the occasional weird sub but having previously been a bit hmmm and waiting to see how it pans out gotta say I’m liking more what I’m seeing. But I also like what he says in general

Mick Blue

Pervert & possible Love Islander
David Moyes or Eddie Howe would have been a better fit for the Club.
We should have got Moyes with Howe as assistant.

The little old Everton dream team.

Imagine the pats on the head we’d get then.

Potrik

TEF Member
Plenty of talk about Sheff Utd and Wolves having blinder seasons yet we’re somehow 3 and 2 points behind them respectively despite having an horrendous season.

It really does show just how shit this league is.

Also not seen it mentioned once in the red media that we’ve only lost one league game since Silva was binned and that was City away.

bluerinse

Plenty of talk about Sheff Utd and Wolves having blinder seasons yet we’re somehow 3 and 2 points behind them respectively despite having an horrendous season.

It really does show just how shit this league is.

Also not seen it mentioned once in the red media that we’ve only lost one league game since Silva was binned and that was City away.
All we had to bloody do was hold out for one minute against Newcastle at home and not concede two goals.

Had we done so we're level with the mighty Wolves.

I don't put that pathetic minute down to Carlo, mind.

Paulgreece

Mr. Denial
All we had to bloody do was hold out for one minute against Newcastle at home and not concede two goals.

Had we done so we're level with the mighty Wolves.

I don't put that pathetic minute down to Carlo, mind.
The Newcastle collapse will do us a favour moving forward, it'll have shown Mr Ancelotti how bad the coaching has been, he'll never let them forget it now.

You can already see how quickly we transition from defence to attack since he arrived, once he gets a few of his own men in we'll see a different animal.

We weren't good yesterday but compare that to a couple of months ago, going 2 down early on and we'd have all thought a hiding was coming, 4-0 would have been a reasonable bet for anyone to place at that point.

What a massive difference a proper manager makes.

bluerinse

My mates who support other clubs were asking me what he has changed to improve things and I couldn't really put my finger on it. It's not like loads of players are suddenly performing loads better. In fact, there's still question marks over many of them and there are frailties in them for all to see, particularly in defence and midfield.

Usually a new manager will come in and try to dry up the goals conceded first and foremost, but he hasn't done that. We still don't really keep clean sheets but by and large, we are scoring more.

In my opinion, Duncan Ferguson does deserve plenty of credit for this. It was him who showed the blueprint with the 2 up top and from what Carlo has said, I think he'd agree. Ancelotti has just sprinkled a few nuances on top, notably how we shape up with and without the ball.

I think it's good Carlo has continued to go with the way Ferguson started because I think we have more capabilities to win games going forward looking to score than we do trying to keep clean sheets and nick wins 1-0.

I think a lot of our improvement under Carlo is in the mentality stakes, basically instilling a 'we aren't losing to these, we're better than them and there's goals out there for us' mentality. And, having read about him, I think that'll come about by him forming strong relationships with the players. He's supposed to be a cracking personable fella and most importantly, he has the respect of everybody from what he has won in football.

So yeah I basically just said the upturn was due to the manager improving the mentality and looking to outscore teams.

What would you lot say if somebody who doesn't really watch us asked you what Ancelloti has done to improve us?

Statue of Dixie

Blue Steel
Our season starts now! 5th is doable, maybe, just maybe with the way other teams are, we could aim for 4th!?!

Shit, I'm getting carried away now :oops:

Mr Kirk

Forum food fraud
Our season starts now! 5th is doable, maybe, just maybe with the way other teams are, we could aim for 4th!?!

Shit, I'm getting carried away now :oops:
If the form over the last 10 games is replicated over the next 10.....

leic 63
Chel 53
Shef u 53
Everton 52
Man U 49
Spurs 48
Wolves 47

Mick Blue

Pervert & possible Love Islander

TheFace

TEF member
My mates who support other clubs were asking me what he has changed to improve things and I couldn't really put my finger on it. It's not like loads of players are suddenly performing loads better. In fact, there's still question marks over many of them and there are frailties in them for all to see, particularly in defence and midfield.

Usually a new manager will come in and try to dry up the goals conceded first and foremost, but he hasn't done that. We still don't really keep clean sheets but by and large, we are scoring more.

In my opinion, Duncan Ferguson does deserve plenty of credit for this. It was him who showed the blueprint with the 2 up top and from what Carlo has said, I think he'd agree. Ancelotti has just sprinkled a few nuances on top, notably how we shape up with and without the ball.

I think it's good Carlo has continued to go with the way Ferguson started because I think we have more capabilities to win games going forward looking to score than we do trying to keep clean sheets and nick wins 1-0.

I think a lot of our improvement under Carlo is in the mentality stakes, basically instilling a 'we aren't losing to these, we're better than them and there's goals out there for us' mentality. And, having read about him, I think that'll come about by him forming strong relationships with the players. He's supposed to be a cracking personable fella and most importantly, he has the respect of everybody from what he has won in football.

So yeah I basically just said the upturn was due to the manager improving the mentality and looking to outscore teams.

What would you lot say if somebody who doesn't really watch us asked you what Ancelloti has done to improve us?

basically weve one from a wet flip flop , personality of a plant pot manager to a stubborn, old wiley fox, whos been there and done it all character .

the squad does indeed tend to mimic the bosses character and it is showing.

TheFace

TEF member
I’d agree with that, 7/8 I reckon.
that'll do me... id rather let don carlo have a full pre season with no shitty Europa games interfering in early july etc etc..

with a few good signings and very good pre season, we could realistically go for the top 4/6 next season, if the current state of the league stays similar, which I think it will

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 0)